📚 Future Novel Teaser 📚

Ok, wow, I will be having a huge announcement at the end of this novel and it kind of worries me how you guys might react (no, it has nothing to do with me taking someone else's work, its a 100% original piece of work by me)

**And the music makes it more emotional 10/10

______________________________

    "Fifteen years," My lips quivered and eyes watered, don't let them think you're weak, it's pathetic, "I have kept myself together for fifteen years, and look at me... I'm- fine." I couldn't help the voice crack at the end of my statement as vivid memories came crashing down all at once, bringing with them a tidal wave of unwanted emotion.

    "Jackie, you know better than to believe that lie." Andre, my counselor, whispered comfortingly, running a gentle hand down my back.

     "What else am I supposed to tell myself then? That- that everything I worked so hard to hide is all just in my head?!" I took a deep breath to calm myself, gently grabbing a tissue and patting away a few tears from my cheeks.

      "You don't understand, Andre, I can't even prove any of this. He was a cop for a few months short of a decade, he knows how to manipulate me." Stop it, stop it, there's no reason to cry now. You've been through too much to choke up now.

      The office suddenly felt as if it was suffocating me with a strange sense of guilt. Are you even sure any of that happened? Of course it did... didn't it? Why would you try to put him in a position when people look at him bitterly, after all he's done for you? He dealt with your ungratefulness and invested so much money into you.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

      My mind refused to focus on anything but the ticking of the clock, I glanced at it when the noise became painstakingly loud. Quarter-till six.

     "Jay?" Andre was snapping his fingers in front of me when I realized I had zoned out.

      For the first time in a long time, I looked at him, like really looked at him. His eyes, which were normally a soft green-hazel looked a little too fierce and dark, to much like Da- No no no, don't you dare think about comparing an angel with the Devil. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, lowering my gaze to the floor to avoid his.

     "Jay," he tried talking softer when he noticed how tense I suddenly was, "Here, come back next week whenever you're ready; I think we've both been here a little too long."

     "Yeah." I exhaled, standing tiredly and grabbed a peppermint off his desk. "Yeah, that'd be nice".

///////

W o w, so, I haven't gotten a name for the book yet but here's a summary for what's to come because when I wrote there is literally all I have so far (trust me the book will be so much better than this summary) ::

Jackie is a girl who has suffered mental abuse from a male figure since the age of 12, which has led her to build her walls sturdy, and build them high. With the stress of passing highschool, divorced parents, and constant court meetings between them, its no wonder she stopped being herself early on.

Mistaking the fact that nobody noticed at first for nobody caring about her, she developed depression and used a fun, carefree persona to cover that. But now she's tired of it. 15 years have passed with this abuse from someone who should love her, and she's ready to let hell break loose to make him pay.

______________________________

So wow, I have no idea if I want to start this now, or
use this for NaNoRiMo.

Thoughts?