VI. the one and only, percy jackson

0006

0006. | THE ONE AND
ONLY, PERCY JACKSON

          Recovery had been harder than expected for everyone. No one really knew how to deal with a newly turned werewolf mostly for the fact that most people didn't survive the turning, so there wasn't much to go on. But, gods, did Silena and Annabeth try their hardest with their research and comfort.

          Vela threw up his first high calorie meal and had to try again; he ripped his stitches by the fourth day; he nearly mauled Will in his second transition; and he could barely shut his eyes without the reoccurring nightmare of Artemis's glowing eyes.

          He wasn't doing well, but he was getting better. His olive skin was tanner, and he was already growing taller and broader in his shoulders. Silena was tiny, but two of her was worth the size of his shoulders after only five months. Drew had also given him his first haircut. For how much they didn't get on, Drew had done her job well.

          Annabeth wondered if that was what mothers felt like watching their sons grow up; like it was only five minutes. Over the past five months Vela had grown so much. He was standing tall at 5'7, still looking about twelve, thirteen at a push. But his muscles had come in quickly, lean and toned that already carved his body into that of a sword fighter. Annabeth had certainly noticed it catching Connor Stoll's attention.

           Yet his appearance wasn't the only thing Annabeth had noticed changing about Vela. There was something in his eyes now. His gorgeous, starlight silver eyes were always struck with a paranoia she didn't know if he would ever kick. Always looking over his shoulder too. He had taken to carrying his Venus blade everywhere with him, never far from its holster.

          He had been busying himself with training with Clarisse, and hanging out with Will. Annabeth wanted to distract him and she had the perfect opportunity once summer finally came.

          It was the first official day of summer at Camp and Vela was buzzing, he was practically bouncing off the walls when Annabeth told him she was taking him out for a little trip. That little trip being a cinema visit with the one and only Son of Poseidon who they were supposedly meeting up with in New York.

          Vela had never met Percy Jackson, but from all the stories he had been told over the past months made him feel as if he had known Percy his whole life. He was so excited to meet him, constantly meeting Annabeth's eyes and beaming at her brightly to which she would respond with a simple small smile of amusement. In all honesty, she was just pleased to see Vela with something else on his mind. She was glad she could give it to him.

          Not that Vela needed the constant observations, ever since the attack, he was a fantastic fighter - disciplined and loyal. He was faster, stronger, more agile. He would have given Luke a run for his money, though Vela had learnt long ago not to mention the Castellan boy. Vela had once asked Annabeth and she teared up on the spot, and Silena's face went deathly pale like she was going to be sick. Vela had to rely on Will for an answer in which Will explained everything about Luke Castellan.