*Chapter 4*

The strong breeze sang throughout the forest , the sky still bright despite it being six p.m, an unexpected miracle for the town of Forks. The Black's house was warmer when the Clearwaters arrived , Harry and Sue arrived earlier than expected, with them were their children,  Leah and Seth. '' Rowan, come and say hi'' Billy said with a smile, his grandchild has lived in Forks for almost a year, and he did not understand why he never made time for Rowan to meet a family friend of his.

''Hey, I'm Rowan'' she said, smiling quite warmly despite her internal feelings. Harry and Sue took turns embracing the girl, feeling happy that there is finally a female in the Black's household. Seth returned her smile, glancing her over , Embry was right, this girl is different. She was wearing such bright colours and mixing them altogether, not caring if they would work or not ''I'm Seth'' . Leah introduced herself after, but soon enough went toward the couch and proceeded to text her fiancé.

''Leah would you please put your phone away and help me set up the table?'' Sue said, her hands on her hips, her tone warm but there was a certain strictness that was laced with each words. ''Fine'' Leah said as she rose, Rowan walked closer to them, wanting to offer her help.

Sue smiled and waved her away '' It's alright, we can handle, go outside and have a walk with Seth'' Billy , Jacob and Harry were already seated on the couch, their eyes glued to the tv, beers already in hand with the exception of Jacob of course.

Rowan and Seth walked in silence at first, thinking of what's the right thing to say. The youngsters were always the one who are never speechless, so this silence to them is quite deafening. '' Oh my gosh, we have talk!'' Rowan said, stopping on her tracks and turning to Seth. '' The silence is killing me'' Seth chuckled and nodded '' Yup, so what do you want to talk about?''

''I don't know, really, anything? '' the two of them thought for a moment , thinking of a decent subject for a conversation. '' Favourite food?'' he asked.

''Burgers!'' she said without hesitation. '' Hot dogs'' he replied after.

''My turn , favourite colour? '' Rowan asked, people do not ask the question now a days, which she thought as weird, it's an obvious advantage when there would be a time for giving gifts. 

'' Anything really, I don't have a particular favourite'' The answer did not surprise her really, she found that as a person grow, their preference grew bland or at least neutral. ''Well, I love all colors equally. Well not really, I dislike black'' she said honestly, the color was such a bore, why would anyone wear such an awful colour?

''Which is weird since your surname is Black'' His eyebrows rose at the irony. ''Technically it's not, my last name is Mayhem'' she explained, kicking a stone on the ground and almost tripping.

The two started walking as the conversation started flowing effortlessly, and being too occupied during their conversation, they did not realized that they wandered too far in the reservation.

''Wow, Seth, you surprise me'' Rowan said with a laugh, and Seth frowned. He could not decide if it was a good thing or not. ''What do you mean?'' he asked and the girl chuckled. ''I honestly have never met someone as talkative as me, dude it's awesome'' her tone was light and her mood was improving.

Seth smiled '' Yeah I guess so'' He has never met someone quite like her, and he wanted to learn as much as he could about her. She was quite pretty too, especially when she smiles. Seth almost blushed at the thought, scratching his neck , he spoke '' Listen, we should probably head back, we are walking too far''

''Yeah, I don't want them to wait for us'' She said, and they turned to walk, but stopped when they heard a chorus of laughter. Bewildered, they turned sharply, their eyes frantically searching for the noise.

It came from a bunch of boys, and one stood out in particular. He was the tallest of them all, at least six feet tall, his hair was black and eyes brown. Rowan found him quite annoying , he was good looking in her opinion, like one of those boys from her high school that her father warned her about. The more good looking they are, the meaner they get, and with her experience so far , it's almost always true.

''Got yourself a girlfriend now Clearwater?'' he mocked them and Seth just stood there, not really offended, he was used to the boy's frequent bullying at school. '' Shut up Paul!'' he said , though his voice was firm, there was no trace of anger.

''Where did you get this one? From the circus?'' he said and the boys roared in laughter, clutching at their chest. Paul looked her over, she was wearing bright orange dress with neon pink leggings and her shoes were dark purple. He was tempted to take picture of her , and contemplating for just a second, he snapped a quick one. Paul wanted to show it to his other friends who were unfortunate enough to not see the girl in person.

Rowan's mouth was open in disbelief, surprised at how mean this Paul guy really is, and going by Seth's expression, this bullying was not the first occurrence. '' Hey , peanut face, don't bully Seth alright!'' she said as she slowly approached the group, her hand on her hips.

''Ooh , I'm so scared'' Paul said, putting his hand on his chest and mimicking her expression. Growing furious by the minute, she crouched and chose the biggest and thickest rock she could find, and when she did, she aimed.

The rock was quick and it hit the bewildered Paul, annoyed he and his goons ran after the two. Laughing and feeling quite accomplished, they sprinted back, ignoring the angry words that the group threw at them. When they arrived, they have already eaten without them. '' Where have you been?'' Sue asked, clearly worried that something happened to them. The two just looked at each other and laughed, tears pouring from their eyes. '' Well, looks like they've gone crazy'' Jacob said, eyeing the too.

''Alright, you two must be hungry, eat now'' Harry said, reheating his famous fish fry. Seth and Rowan sat closer to each other, still not recovering at how angry Paul looked. When he was angry , his face scrunched up like peanut skin.'' Just let me know if he does anything alright? Forks has plenty of stones to throw'' she said grinning mischievously. Seth chuckled '' Yeah will do''