T w o

This second chapter was written by ksheffron, so enjoy!

***

Rosemary stared at the white wall.

White.

White wall.

Wall. 

She's counted the small black dots four or ten times. There were exactly 4,062 spots on that single wall. She knows, she's counted ten times. She contemplated over counting one more time - just to make sure that she didn't miss a single dot.

"Ms. Brown?" a voice called.

She looked at the nurse standing in the doorway.

"Yes?" No, she didn't like the sound of that. Maybe she should say it again. "Yes? Yes? Yes?"

The nurse didn't mind, saying she was used to this. "Dr. Jones will see you now."

"Okay," the girl whispered.

The nurse left, knowing that Rosemary was really stubborn. When she was six, she almost cried when someone offered to help her get dressed.

When Rosemary exited the door, she closed it.

No, she thought, maybe I didn't close it tight enough.

She looked at the door before opening it.

And then closing it.

Opening it again.

And closing it again. 

She used her memory as a map to guide her to Dr, Jones' office.

She opened the door, and closed it behind her. Before she could do anything else, a voice interrupted her.

"The door is fine," he said.

She reluctantly sat down crossing her arms and legs. Her eyes were glued on the door.

"So, Rose," the doctor said, "how's everything?"

Rosemary hated being asked these questions. She hated that she wouls always repeat her words 'til everything seemed right. She hated that she wasn't "normal."

Rosemary sighed before muttering, "Good." She bit her lip as hard as she could and dug her nails into her palm to stop herself from repeating that one simple word.

Jones leaned forward in his seat, folding his hands in front of him, and his eyes set on Rosemary. "I'm sure you're wondering why I've requested you here today."

Rosemary shrugged. "Not really."

"Right," Jones said, leaning back in his seat. "We've been discussing the issue on school; a lot."

She nodded.

"The other doctors and I have decided that we're sending you to a public highschool."

Rosemary's mouth dropped. "What? No. No. No. No. No. No. No! Absolutely not. What were thinking?"

Jones got up and placed his hands on top of hers as an attempt to calm her down. "This is what's best for you, you need to be around-"

Rosemary laughed. "Around what? The normal kids?"

She shook his hands off of her. "What do you know about what's best for me? Don't I belong here? With all of the other people who need help?"

Although Rosemary hated yelling at people who were only trying to help her, this was the only time where she didn't let her "illness" take over her.

"You don't need help," Jones said slowly.

"Yeah, that's what my mother said before sending me to a mental institution!"She shouted.

"took. Rosemary. We're only doing this because we think that you're ready."

She looked around. "But what if I'm not?"

Jones hugged her, rubbing her back slowly. "You are." 

"Fine."

"So what do you say about going to Townsville High School?"

"I say, I'm ready for hell."