Chapter 4 - The Big Surprise

Author's Note:

"Hey there everyone! This chapter is dedicated to my beloved editor, xneverthesamex, please fan her!"

"Jaden! Jaden! Where are you?!", I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"mmmmm!" goes the reply.

"Stay still, Jaden. I'm coming for you", I said as calmly as possible, trying to be optimistic for both of us.

"mm--"

RIIIIING!

My phone rang about 5:30 am. Jade was calling me, I don't know why but I'm very relieved it was all just a dream. I feel so happy to hear her voice that I answered it immediately, craving to hear her soothing voice.

 “Hey Jake, um, could you go to my house about 20 minutes later? I really need to talk to you about something” she said it so quickly

"Sure, Jade. What's it abou--" I said, but she already hung up.

So I got up quickly to have a short bath and change into my favorite jeans and a simple white shirt. I left a note besides mom’s laptop saying that I’ll be back. Mom usually wakes up about 6 am to prepare our breakfast. So I just left a note just in case she freaks out when she finds out I’m not in my bed.

On my way to her house, I can't help but wonder what's so urgent that she wants to talk about so early in the morning. Maybe she's finally going to tell why she was acting weird yesterday! I hastened my steps and went inside her house and the first thing I saw were boxes. Hmm, strange.  Are they moving?  Nope, definitely not, I mean they couldn't be moving, right? So I rejected that thought. Maybe they're just donating stuff to the oratories. Yep, that's it!

"Hey Jake!" I looked at her and my heart beats so fast. I've known her for a long time and my heart still beats fast whenever I see her.

"Hey Jade, what's up with the boxes?", keeping my hopes high.

"Come, let's talk outside" She said, and I swear I saw her hesitate a bit.

 “Sure.” I smiled at her and followed her to their backyard.

"So, I was just thinking about college..." her voice trailed off.

"Right, college. Time goes so fast. But I've been thinking about going to Belmont University, you know, in Nashville"

"Yes, you should. I mean it's a great university", she agreed.

We kept walking and sat on the bench around the corner. It was so quiet and there was no other place in the world I wanted to be. I wrapped her in my arms and I could feel that she wants to say something so badly.

"Hey, what's up?" I said, tilting her chin up to face me and I looked deep in her sparkly brown eyes.

“Okay, well, um...  I really need to tell you something about my family. You know how really like to be a great dancer? Well, dad got a big promotion in his job. “ she shook her head and gave a sad smile.

“Oh. Really? That’s great!” I answered with a hidden hunch.

“Not really. Maybe. But don't you know what that means? "

No. No. No. Don't say it. Please.

"We're moving to Washington"