Chapter 8

I bid her goodbye and left the place she called home.

A few months later...

Remember the time when I promised that I'll be calling and texting her? I kept my promise. I wouldn't dare to break a promise, especially my promise to her. But unfortunately she didn't.

I didn't expect her not to keep her promise. I was really heartbroken because I really thought she wouldn't forget me that fast. That she would still show she cared. She told me she loved me. So why?

Why?

That's my only question. It's not like her to just abandon me. She stopped calling me. At least answering my calls would be fine. But nothing. It's like I never even existed.

But then I guess, expectations lead to disappointments.

And it really broke my heart because I expected the best of her.

But... I still love her.

A couple of weeks after they left, we called each other everyday. And every morning when I woke, the first thing I would check was my phone like it was the morning paper. And everyday I had that stupid grin and my face that some people would stare at me like I had just grown 3 heads. But I couldn't care less.

But one day when I woke, I checked my phone and I saw nothing. The smile on my face faltered but I still had hope inside me. I called her but only got her answering machine. The whole week passed but I still got nothing.

I told myself that maybe she was just tired or that she was just very busy. But couldn't she make time for me? Just a simple text to say she's just tired or busy would make me happier.

Or maybe she just tired of me? Of a long distance relationship? Maybe she found me boring? Or maybe... Maybe she found another guy. A guy much better than I am. I shook those thoughts away.

Until one day i received an odd box. There's, a photo album, and a piece of paper filled with numbers and addresses.

First i looked at the photo album. It has a picture of a girl, who was so skinny and pale. I wondered who this is. So i turned the page, there was another picture but this time the girl is crying. I have this weird feeling that i kind of know her. So i turned the page again her hand was full of blood, i was shocked of course. And closed the album immediately.

That day on, i started to feel weird and sad about the girl. I think i have just been pranked or something..