Chapter 7 part 2

The moment of sadness that has been going on between us temporarily ended as Jade's mom called us from downstairs.

I helped her with her bags, while she carried the boxes that was full of memories she had here in Nashville. She took a final look at her bedroom, closed her eyes, sighed, and said that one word that could destroy a person's world.

"Goodbye"

We went downstairs. Her mom asked me a favor if I could helped in carrying the boxes and bags. And of course, as a boyfriend of her daughter, I agreed.

I carried their boxes and bags to their car with her dad, Mr.Ross.

"Just put it there" , Mr. Ross said.

"Hey son, could I ask a favor from you?"

"Anything sir." I replied.

"Please keep in touch with Jaden while we're gone. I mean, will you call her everyday?"

I opened my mouth to reply but closed it. In almost every movie I've watched and story I've read, the guy promises. Sure, in some cases, that guy keeps it. But as time passed by, he would stop. So I thought that if I promise I'll have to keep it. Promises are a big deal but what if I'll get tired? aWhat if she gets tired too? I erase that thought immediately...

I can't believe I just thought of getting tired already. I love her and I would do everything for her.

"Of course, sir"

"And son?"

"Yes, sir?"

"Call me Robert", he said with a smile.

"Okay sir. I mean, Robert" I'm not that comfortable in calling him by his first name, but then again, he's my girlfriend's father.

He chuckled then pointed to his daughter. "Say your farewell, son. You will see her again, trust me"

I nodded and approached Jaden with a big lump on my throat. This is it. Think positive.

She looked at me and cracked a crooked smile. "So, this is it, huh?" She was blinking back tears.

"Yeah, I'm going to miss you so much. I'll call you everyday, okay? Don't ever forget me"

She nodded ang jumped into my arms for a tight hug. She was almost breaking my bones. But I didn't care. We could stay like this forever if she wanted to. But that isn't possible.

"I love you", I whispered to her. She needed to know that before she left.

There was silence and she hugged me tight.

"I love you too"