Chapter 12: Roaring sports festival

Shout out to @IAmShoutoTodoroki for all the supportive messages they left in my feed for this story.

Honestly, i'm not writing this story for popularity, or attention and what not. I'm writing this story because i genuinely love the character Bakugou and i know other people also love him so i want to share my love with him by writing this story. And whenever people like IAmShoutoTodoroki  leave sweet encouraging comments, it really makes me want to improve and become a better author.

Anyways, with that being said i hope you guys enjoy this some what short filler chapter.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Wha...wh-what's going on?" The round faced brunette that Bakugou never cared to learn the name of said as she slid open the classroom door. Her worried brown eyes scanned the crowd that stood before her in complete shock. Bakugou, however, knew exactly why they were there.

Two o'clock had rolled in not too long ago, and as the final bell for the day rung it was no real surprise that all the lower classes would be eager to scout out the enemy since the sports festival was around the corner.

"What can't get out!" [Name] shouted as she stepped forward towards the crowd, Bakugou's crimson gaze remained on her and her only. "What'd you come here for, anyway?" She said as she crossed her arms over her chest defensively.

"Scouting out the enemy, small fry." Bakugou said as he stepped forward.

"Small fry?!?" She shouted as she puffed out her cheeks in annoyance.

"We're the ones who made it out of the villains attack. They probably wanna check us out before the sports festival." Bakugou went on to say as he ignored [Name] as he tore his gaze away from her and stepped closer to the crowd, a few of the students within the crowd backed away in fear at his harsh gaze. "There's no point in doing stuff like that. Out of my way, extras!"

"Stop calling people "extras" just because you don't know them!" The class president shouted from behind Bakugou, but he didn't bother even looking back at him. Bakugou really didn't feel like dealing with anyone's bullshit, he just wanted to go home- it was curry night at his house, and he wanted to be there in time to sit down and eat before that old hag eats everything up.

Unfortunately, before Bakugou could push his way out of the crowd, a tall lean male stepped forward from with in the crowd.

His complexion was pale and his hair was a wild mess of purple that matched his tired eyes that glared back at Bakugou.

"I came to see what the famous class A was like, but you seem pretty arrogant," Bakugou clenched his jaw as his crimson eyes burned holes into the male in front of him

'I don't like this guy one bit,' Bakugou thought.

"Are all the students in the hero course like this?" The lavender haired male said as his matching eyes scanned the classroom. It could have just been Bakugou's imagination, but he could have sworn his gaze landed on you a moment too long. "Seeing something like this makes me disillusioned...there are quite a few people who enrolled in general studies or other courses because they didn't make it into the hero course. Did you know that?" He continued,  "the school has left those of us a chance. Depending on the results of the sports festival they'll consider our transfer into the hero course. And it seems they may also transfer people out..." Bakugou didn't feel the least bit threatened by this kid, but when his gaze flickered to [Name's] form, his heart dropped. She was paler than normal and her eyes were the size of saucer plates.

'God damn it.....why do i even care?....i should be focused on myself, not her...' 

"Scouting out the enemy?" The purplenette spoke again, drawing back Bakugou's attention. "I, at least, came to say that even if you're in the hero course, if you get too carried away, i'll sweep your feet out from under you. I came with a declaration of war." The room was completely silent after he spoke before another student within his crowd spoke, but by then [Name] was already out the door pushing past a few students in her way, Bakugou couldn't help himself as he followed after her.

He watched as she moved through the halls, head cast down and shoulder's hunched. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that she was clearly upset.

Bakugou honestly didn't know what he was doing as he pulled her off to the side in a secluded hallway, hand's gripping her shoulder's. He forced her chin up to face him and he was immediately met with red puffy orbs.

Bakugou stood there shocked, he'd never seen her cry before. And to see her so vulnerable and weak like this sent a chill down his spin, he was speechless.

"Are you.....why are you.....why do you....." It was so hard for him to form a sentence, 'common idiot....just ask her what's wrong!' He silently scolded himself before letting go of your shoulders, taking a deep breath and meeting your gaze again and saying one of the most caring and nice things he'd ever asked anyone before........

"Why the fuck are you crying? You look stupid."

She sniffled a bit before attempting to wipe away the wetness of her cheeks.

"I-i'm alright, just a little upset...i guess..." her voice came out as a weird mix of a croak and a whimper.

"About what?"

"It's just....it's just that i don't think i'm strong enough to do well in the sports festival...and i'm scared i'll get transferred out of the hero course..." Bakugou scoffed at her reply.

"What are you stupid or some shit? You know your one of the strongest students in our class, right? Don't let that purple haired fuck up drag you down. And if i remember correctly, you used that badass shock move during the villain attack, if you just practice and build up your stamina you'll be fine...i'll tell you what..." Bakugou couldn't believe what he was about to ask, "What if....what if i help train with you?" She smiled brightly up at him and nodded eagerly.