History Lesson

"RISE AND SHINE!!! IT'S
BREAKFAST TIME!!" Patty yelled. I dragged my self out of bed and followed her downstairs to the kitchen. There, I saw Liz sitting at a high counter on a bar stool and Kid rummaging through the fridge grabbing ingredients.

"Good morning ____! Kid here is about to make some pancakes and bacon. You hungry?" Liz said. I nodded.

"Are you okay with that or is there something else you would prefer?" Kid asked while setting everything onto the counter. I shook my head as he said the later suggestion. I might trust Kid a little but I'm still not comfortable with speaking to people. "Very well, just sit down next to Liz and Ill have breakfast done soon." I took a sit next to Liz and Patty. Kid handed us our plates not to long after that. Looking at the plate I thought that I would never be able to eat this. He gave me about four pancakes and eight strips of bacon. I can't recall the last time I even saw this much food. Let alone eat it. I took a bite of the pancake and it was like fluffy heaven.

"Have you never had pancakes?" Liz asked. I guess my face showed how shocked I was at the flavor.

"No. Never." I said. I hadn't even realized I spoke.

"Yay!! The quiet one talks!!!" Patty squealed.

"Awesome. That's big step up in trusting us then. Now, we need to be heading to the academy in about eleven minutes so I suggest you head to you room and get changed. I put some of mine and Patty's old clothes in your closet. You can keep them if you want to. Go on. We'll wait." I squeaked out a thanks and headed back to the room. I walked to one of the closets and found a lot of clothes. If these are their old clothes, then they must have a lot of new ones. I started looking through everything. In the end I choose a black and red plaid shirt with a black t-shirt underneath and some dark denim jeans with black studded ankle boots that found in the back of the closet.

I went downstairs and stood in the foyer. I looked at a clock on the wall and it said 7:40, school starts at eight. As soon as Liz , Patty, and Kid came to the foyer we were out the door.

"Sooo you excited for school, ____?" Liz asked while walking next to me. Patty on the other side while Kid was in front and guiding the way back to the school.

"A little I guess. I just don't even understand why Lord Death would enroll me. I've never even been to school." I was a bit baffled and I'm sure he had his reason.

"Well it's not our academy is just some ordinary school. So I doubt any experience would even help you anyway." Liz tried ease my mind and it did actually kind of help. I was about to thank her when kid interrupted.

"Come on we need to get moving a bit quicker." Kid said, picking up his pace and making the girls and I go speed up too.

As we continued our way to the academy, Liz and Patty asked me questions. I didn't answer the more personal one that went into my past but the less harmful ones I did. Such as "favorite color?" "(F/C)" and "favorite animal" "(f/a)".

They finally left me alone once we got to the top of the large stair case that had lead up to the DWMA. There Liz and Patty went off to join Maka, Soul, and Tsubaki , who all seemed to be waiting for us by the pillars in front of the entrance.

"You don't have to talk if you don't want to you know." Kid said looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"I'm okay with it. It felt natural talking to them. I just hope it's like that with everyone." I responded.

"I'm sure it will. With BlackStar, that might be a bit harder." We laughed and walked over to the group.

"Speaking to BlackStar, where is he?" I asked.