Chapter 9

A month later, Rafe had planned a surprise for Jordan. He was planning to propose to her. But Jordan still couldn't get Chad out of her mind.

Then, suddenly, and without warning, Jordan felt sick to her stomach and ended up in the bathroom throwing up.

After coming out of the bathroom at the hospital, Jordan ran into Gwen.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm having a checkup." Gwen smiled at her wondering if she should tell she was pregnant with Chad's baby.

"Are you sick?"

"Hmmmmmm, nothing that nine months won't cure." Gwen blurted out just to see Jordan's reaction.

"You're pregnant?" Jordan asked in disbelief. "And who's the father?"

"Why Chad, of course!" Gwen said, taking delight in Jordan's pain and hurt from Chad's betrayal.

"Well, I hope you and Chad are very happy with the new addition. " Jordan said, trying not to let it get to her, but Gwen could see that it did.

"I gotta go." Jordan said, as she felt herself get nauseous again and rushed to the bathroom, but she didn't see Chad watch her go inside.

Chad waited for Jordan to come back out of the bathroom, to Gwen' s chagrin, as Jordan appeared a few minutes later.

"Is something wrong?" Chad asked Jordan as Gwen eavesdropped on the conservation.

"I think I have a touch of the flu." Jordan said to Chad.

"I looked for you last month. But you couldn't be found."

Jordan felt guilty knowing she slept with Rafe after Gwen had diverted her text message to make it look like Chad was otherwise busy.

"Congratulations on becoming a father." Jordan said, congratulating him.

"Excuse me?" Chad said, confused, as he had yet to be informed about the baby.

"Oh, Gwen made sure to tell me you two were expecting. She was coming out of the doctor's office gloating how happy you two were?"

"How can I be happy when I'm apparently the last to know,!" Chad said irately, before storming off to find Gwen.

"Uh oh, looks like there's going to be a fight?!" Jordan said to herself.

Meanwhile, Rafe sent Jordan a text telling her to meet him at Doug's Place for a surprise.