Chapter 7

Author's Note:  The character of Gwen is my own creation.

As soon as Jordan had left, he took off the tie clip and headed for the Java Café where he met with the mysterious woman.

Chad wanted to end this farce of a marriage, but Stefano demanded Chad marry the girl and stay in the marriage for one year. The mysterious woman was the daughter of a dear friend and Stefano had promised his son would one day marry the daughter. All his other sons are either dead or taken up with other women, so when Stefano found out that Chad was his son, he demanded Chad marry the girl per Stefano's promise.

"Hey Gwen." Chad said, feigning a smile when Gwen kissed Chad on the cheek.

"When do I get to move to Salem, Chad?" Gwen said. "I am your wife now?"

"Don't remind me." Chad said sullenly.

"You act like you don't love me?' Gwen accused.

"I don't." Chad confessed. "This is all my father's doing."

"What about the times we made love?" Gwen grilled Chad.

"Faked." Chad confessed again. "I faked the passion between us."

"You don't mean that!" Gwen said, angrily.

"I want a divorce!" Chad spit out. "I can't stay in this marriage anymore!"

"Well, you can't get a divorce!" Gwen yelled loud enough everyone in the Java Café could hear.

"Why not?!" Chad asked.

"Because I'm pregnant!" Gwen yelled at him.

"How can that be?" Chad said. "We used protection!"

"Now it's my turn to confess!" Gwen revealed. "I was never on the pill! I intended to get pregnant!"

Chad was stunned as Gwen looked at him smiling.

"I'll find a way out of this!" Chad yelled at Gwen before storming off.

Gwen would not let Chad leave her no matter what. Gwen looked across from the table to find that Chad had left his cell phone. She reached across the table and picked it up and scanned Chad's calls. There were several texts from Jordan reminding him of their date tonight.

"Like hell if Chad will be showing up!" Gwen said to herself.

"Sorry babe, I can't make our date tonight. Something came up!" Gwen typed the message to Jordan.

Then went on her way to the DiMera mansion to have a talk with Stefano.

Meanwhile, after learning all this, Rafe sent Jordan a text, "Meet me at Java Cafe in 15 minutes."