Chapter xv: Adoptavit; Praeteritis

KAZUMA

***hidden content***

 *****

"Kazuma! Wake up, wake up,  wake up!" I hear melody muttering those words while shaking my body.

I thought 'why did she waking me?' and I found tears on my face.

She asked me "Are you okay?" she puts her hand on my forehead to check if I have a fever. Then, I just grabbed her hand then hugged her. And I mouthed "I love you mom, Thank you for everything you do." I know she doesn't understand why am I hugging her today but I don't feel like sharing what my dream is.

I stand up. Wait, I don't remember going home. How am I here sleeping on my bed? I can't remember what happened yesterday evening. Oh! I am having a date with my mom and... Nathan... and that girl!

"Mom?" She looks at me worried.

"Yes?" She smiles looking at me, as if ready to answer my questions.

"What happened last night?" What just happened?

"You collapsed on the floor of the restroom on your way out. Akane found you and asked for our help. After we found a cab, I gave you medicines before I let you sleep. I am so sorry baby, mommy forgot that you have low-tolerance of alcohol. I am so so so sorry." She's worried sick at me and how can't I forgive the mother who changed my life?

"Don't worry mom, I'm fine. Apology accepted." I give the assurance she wants. Well, really I am fine now.

*****

I walk towards the bathroom to take a shower remembering what I did last night. And I remember that I had a fight with Nathan, I remember that I walk towards the restroom to vomit but I didn't instead I wash my face to wake up, thinking what best revenge that I can give to Akane. When I was about to go back on our table, I saw her walking towards the restroom. So, I think I take advantage of that chance, I hide. And when she's about to head on the comfort room, my hand covered her mouth and grabbed her and dragged her on the cubicle. I need some answers why did she kiss me that day.

And when I hear her reasons, I kissed her. I give the kiss that she wanted to have.

The kiss that I shouldn't  be giving.

The kiss that I want to give on my one.

The kiss that I want to cherish and remember.

Instead, I give the kiss of revenge.

The kiss that I will assure her that will break her heart.

The kiss that I will assure her that she will fall on me.

The kiss that I will assure her that there will be no doubt that I am falling on her.

But, No. I am not falling in love on anyone.

I'm already tired on falling in love; instead I will be the one who will make her fall for me.

*****

I got out of my bedroom, changed onto my clothes and head out for school. And there she Is, in front of me.

"Hey." She greets.

I continue walking, ignoring her.

"Kaz." She raise her voice a little bit, maybe she thought that I didn't hear her.

Still ignoring her, I don't have any intentions to make a conversation right now neither to talk to her.

"HEY! I know you hear me!" She yells, nope, still ignoring her.

So, I headed to the gazebo wishing that she didn't follow me for her class, but I failed. As usual, this girl is more of a pain in the ass.

"What do you want?" I said, irritated, looking at her eyes.

She suddenly looks away, as if she is embarrassed or something when I look at her. People like her don't deserve any attention and time.

"I... I want... you." She mutters.

Probably, I want you too.

"I don't want you." I said back.

Please forgive me.

"What?" She said

"I said, I don't like you."

I am really sorry.

"Then, why did you kiss me?!" She's starting to get angry.

Because... I might be falling in lo--. No, I don't know.

"That was getting your debt." I said.

Yes, that was just revenge.

"Oh My God! You are so unbelievable!"

Will you forgive me?

She raised her hands, trying to slap me.

She failed, I grabbed her wrist.

"This is what you want right? For me to fall on you."

My lips are getting closer to her lips, like she is waiting for me to kiss her.

But, I didn't.

And I whisper, trying to make her feel the vibrations of every words that will come out from my mouth.

"You don't love me; you are in love on the thought of being in love. Ask yourself, if you really love me. Otherwise you won't be with Nathan yesterday." Then for another record, my heart aches again.

Will my heart stop beating?