07. Meeting The Arusians

Whenever I listen to the Voltron opening-- this is all I imagine. I'm dying, oml. XD

─ ─ ─ ─

"Great job training today, guys. We're really getting the hang of Voltron." Shiro said as they all entered the dining room.

"Seriously, how far do you think my lion kicked that broken alien ship?" Lance asked. "Must have been like a mile!"

"Yeah, that'll come in handy when the Galra challenges Voltron to a soccer match." Keith said.

[Y/N] snorted as she sat down at the table with Hunk. She had entered the room with them as she was the one watching them train.

"Hey, I did something cool and you can't handle it. I get it."

"Your kick ruined our balance. We fell."

"That falling part was Hunk's fault."

"Hey!" The yellow paladin shouted.

"All right, save your energy for fighting Zarkon." Shiro said and plopped down in his seat.

"Hello, guys! How was the Voltron workout?" Coran asked as he entered the room. He was holding a dish, and [Y/N] was quite curious of what's in there.

"We're getting there." Shiro looked over. "Are you and Allura almost done fixing the Castle so we can leave this planet? I feel like we're sitting ducks here on Arus."

"Just about," The royal advisor would set down the dish on the table. "In the meantime, to get your minds off those duck seats you're worried about, I made you an authentic ancient paladin lunch!"

He lifted up the cover, and [Y/N] recoiled with a disgusted face, along with everyone else. It was green and had these... weird yellow-ish lumps in it.

"Coran, you just got me hooked on that goo and now you're switching it up?" Hunk asked.

"This is packed with nutrients."

Hunk leaned forward and sniffed it. "Oh, it smells disgusting!"

"I know! That's how you know it's healthy!" He exclaimed.

"Coran, we're on a planet now with herbs, spices, and whatever this thing is," Hunk held up a plant. "A tuber? Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to head back to the kitchen and spice things up."

Shiro then noticed the absence of one of the paladins. "Where's Pidge?"

"He's probably checking on those prisoners we rescued from Zarkon," Coran told him while eating the gross-looking food. "They'll all be waking soon in the infirmary,"

Shiro stood up to leave, but was stopped by Coran shoving his spoon in his face. "Open the hatch. Food lion coming in!" He imitated an airplane flying.

Shiro sweatdropped and slid away from him. "No. Just... no."

[Y/N] laughed. Smart choice, Shiro. Smart choice.

"You don't know what you're missing!"

─ ─ ─ ─

[Y/N] grinned as Hunk placed down his finished food on the table. Now, this looked more appetizing.

Lance, Keith, and her dug in.

Allura then walked over to Coran. "They like the paladin lunch!"

"I don't want to talk about it." He huffed with his arms crossed.

"I just got the final nebulon booster working. We should be able to leave Planet Arus tomorrow and take the fight to Zarkon." She informed.

[Y/N] choked on her food as the alarms blared. She'd hit her chest a few times, coughing. "What's going on?"