Chapter 5 day on the train

After my plane landed I walked my way over to the train. I saw an empty, wooden, new bench that looked very inviting. I sat down and put on my furry poncho. I got out my book and started reading it. I felt relaxed and all I wanted to do was to get to Maynooth peacefully with no disturbance, then I look up and see Aiden who comes and sits right next to me.

"Hello" I said with a nervous tone. He might be angry at me about what I said to him on the plane so I kept my tone a little low.

"Hi Ms. American" he replied. He's now back to calling me Ms. American or milady, that's awesome isn't it (sarcasm). He got out a burger and some fries from McDonalds.

"They have a McDonalds here?" I ask

"Ha, you think your America is that special? Dream on. Of course there is a McDonalds here" he said with an annoying look. He was eating his burger and was staring at the old train track. He looked lifeless, I feel like I hurt his feelings on the plane, maybe I should talk to him.

"Um, so were you born in Ireland?" I ask as I scratch my mint smelling hair. I always loved using shampoo that smelled like mint.

Aiden gave me a look, that I could read I think it said "duh!", so I just looked the other way and tried to think of a better question that is reasonable. But I can't think of any so I just continue to read my book. For some reason I stare at my pale, smooth hands. How my nails are dark blue, and how my skin is soft and cold. I also start to look in the sky and look at any random thing I saw. Right when I came back to my senses I looked in front of me as the train passed. The wind from the train violently pushed my hair to the side making the cold air smell like mint. I get up and take my luggage with me as Aiden is walking right behind me. The train looked new. The seats were polished and the floor was cleaned, and the mirror was clear that I can see my reflection. My pale skin, blue eyes, and my rough skin. I sigh in disgust, I hate the way I look.

After I stare at the window I look outside and I see heavy rain pouring down, it reminds me of the day where I got in a fight in school. Man, I still hate that girl Jane.

"Don't pick up the phone", I hear my ringtone, so I get my damaged blackberry out and check whose calling, and I saw that it was Isabelle. What a coincidence. I decide to pick it up.

"what do you want from me" I said in an angry tone, I try not to swear like my sister, I try to set a better example, or I'm just too much of a goody too shoes.

" I just want to say I'm so sorry, I heard the principal say that you have to go to school in Ireland just because of what Jane and I did" she said in an apologetic tone.

"Apology not accepted, you kissed Jason, and you even used me!" I screamed as people in the train were telling me to keep it down.

" look, Jane paid me and Jason 100 bucks each just for kissing and pretending like we were a couple, it was just an act, she was trying to get back at you because of what you did in the 8th grade" she says, she sounds like she was crying, but I finally remember what I did to Jane. In 8th grade there was this guy named Will and Jane was in love with him, but he was more interested in me, so he asked me out so I just studied at his house, but she thought of it as a date so she hated me forever, but I made it up to her, I never knew she was still holding a grudge about that.

" oh wow, well she got what she wanted, and tell Jason that I DID have feelings for him, but know I hate him, ok bye" I said, I sort of laughed on how I emphasized I DID.

" no, don't hang up" she screamed, " please forgive me for my moronic behavior, my family really needed the money, we are poor and we really don't have any money, and it was no problem for Jane since she's so rich, everyday my mom goes on the street and asks for money" she says as she is crying heavily.