Forever Young

Surprise, y'all.

————————————————

"You want...Dep to remain a child forever?"

The room was quiet as Thomas asked the question, he held onto the kid's hands as he thought about Logan's idea.

I mean, in theory, it works, but how exactly do they maintain him as a child? He obviously grew up before.

Patton crossed his arms, a grudge still against the small boy. Part of didn't know why they were still bothering with him, he secretly wished he'd just disappear. Patton sighed, "How do we even stop him from aging?"

Logan smiled at the other, which made Patton's chest flutter. He knew he promised to not grow attached to the logical side once again, but it was so hard to do.

"We simply do not give him the extra energy to evolve into what he once was. This all originally started because none of us were completing our jobs thoroughly enough, now, we must make sure they do."

Roman, Deceit, Anxiety, and Thomas all nodded in unison. Each understanding the aspects of the plan. Patton understood it, but still, wasn't very pleased with the outcome.

He got up, suddenly, heading to the bathroom. He closed the door behind him, locking it. He instantly broke into a sob. Why did this even happen to them to begin with? Why couldn't they go back to normal and be happy?!

He was angry. Angry at life for disappointing him.

It didn't matter if Depression was a child now. Still, all he saw was the creature that harmed Anxiety, hurt Roman, made Thomas weak, and of course, beat Logan until he was bloody and bruised. He couldn't...he just couldn't forgive him.

Suddenly, he heard a knocking at the door, he quickly wiped away his tears any evidence of sobs and opened the door, concerned something was wrong with Anxiety after what had happened earlier.

Before him was Logan, a small smile of concern on his face. Patton immediately sniffed, trying to hide even more so that he was upset. Logan folded his hands over each other.

"Yes, Logan?"

The logical side rolled his eyes in disbelief, did he really think he couldn't tell he was just upset over something?

Logan tried to brush his hand against Patton's cheek, but he flinched away.

Logan frowned, "Patton...tell me what's wrong."

Morality laughed awkwardly, "Nothing is wrong! I'm...just happy we found a solution."

Logic raised a brow, definitely not buying what he was trying to sell to him. "C'mon, Pat."

Before anything else could be said, or done, or both, a quick sob left he older one's lips. Logan quickly closed the door behind them, and grabbed Patton into a hug.

"L-Logan, I didn't stop loving you, you know that, r-right?! I couldn't stop loving you even when I tried my best...I can't lose you again! All I see in that child's eyes is a monster who destroyed you! That day...was the worst day of my life along with when we found Anxiety having that awful interaction with Depression! All he ever did was hurt us...I can't be around him!"

Logan quietly shushed the other, holding him as tight as he could while stroking his hair. "Of course I know you love me, Patton. But, I'm sorry, you need to separate 'Depression' and 'Dep' from each other. They are practically two different people. No, they are two different people. Depression hurt us. Not Dep, okay? Nothing like this will happen again as long as we stick to the plan."

Patton took a deep breath, backing away from Logan but then grabbing a hold of his cheek.

Logan bit his lip as he looked to the other, and started to lean in. Their lips collided, softly, all of their emotions pouring into the kiss. Everything that needed to be said, felt, heard, was transferred through the skin on skin contact.

They pulled apart, Logan wiping the tears from the others eyes. "How about we go see the others, okay?"

Morality breathed out, and nodded in agreement with a grin. Despite how upset he was, he did take into account that maybe, they were two different people.

Logan opened the door, and his eyes widened at what was in front of him.

Dep, standing there, tears welling within his eyes. For some reason, Patton felt his heart sink with guilt.

Dep hiccuped, then spoke.

"What did I do...what did I do that was so horrible...to make him be so upset! Logan, how did I break you?!"

The younger was hyperventilating, and before either Logan or Patton could say a word, he ran off.

—————————

Took me a long time to update, huh?

Follow my girlfriend, she just made an account because she recently got obsessed with the sander sides. :) SpacePumpkin