5. Locked Away (Roman)

This is a travesty!

He doesn't care.

We're all locked away.

He pretends we don't exist!
Well, not that we do... w-we do... just not on your average earthly plane.

You know what I mean.

Ugh!

I am utterly ruined!

How can the fans ever love me, if they can't ever see me?

This isn't fair. To them or me!

Thomas, I hate you. How could you do this to us? To me? Tears are now streaming down my paled face.

"Roman?"
Thomas will be the de-
"Roman!" My senses awaken to a click in my face that is all too close for comfort, distracting me from my consequential freakout.

"GAH! Logan! Where is your subtlety? Your manners?" I press a hand to my chest to demonstrate my exasperation.

"We haven't got time for this. Thomas, remember?" Virgil motions to the cold shell we once loved. It appears even Anxiety wants action and is in no mood for patience; going by his words. He strides over to a stone-faced Thomas and plants himself between our host and his cartoon lively hood; Steven Universe. Oh boy, he's not even enjoying that! He always yells at us to move whenever we block the television. Not anymore I guess...

"Thomas, you need to listen." Virgil seems a lot more assertive right now. How odd? Oh well, I don't mind this confident, hands-on side of him. Its kind of... sexy...
"Thomas, look. Something is clearly happening and you need to fix it. If not that, then at least help us fix this!" His usual emotionless-ness seems to be fluctuating right now. What is happening?

"Mmmmhm..." Thomas sounds an uninterested moan as he stares up at Virgil, non-verbally ordering him to do the servant's duty and move.

"You are despicable, Thomas!" I can't stop myself before the catapult is released. I scream at Thomas, turn on my heel and storm to the mind palace in tears. Finding the nearest available wall, I throw my head back and wail.

I hear quiet footsteps coming around the corner, slowly getting louder as they approach.

"Roman?" It's Virgil, only why would he care? I'm not complaining but doesn't he have his own problems right now? Why would he come and check on me? I mean, I am the dashing Prince in this story but why would he come, of all the Sides. Shouldn't he be furious or freaking out right now?

Curled up in a messy ball of hysterics, I barely even look past his shoes. The black canvas is puffed out so it sits in front of his pants legs. The strips along the soles are so white, so pure. Snatching my thoughts away, I tighten my position and curl into myself more and more to suffocate the sobbing.

A few seconds pass as Virgil stands there staring down at me. Slowly and suddenly he bends down shaking, almost seeming uncertain of his actions. I lift my head to meet his gaze. His usually stone-cold glare is missing and is instead replaced with a concerned semblance.

"Virgil." I whimper helplessly as shaky breaths shudder through me and tears submerge my face, drowning my words.

Without saying anything, he places a surprisingly warm hand on my shoulder giving me a tiny piece of comfort.

A conflicting look steals his face before he can make his next move. His eyes dart back and forth between me, the floor and his shoes. He shoots the walls an asking look as if seeking the maiden that fits the lost slipper.

Suddenly I feel arms around me in a tight embrace; constricting, strange, warm, comforting. Shockwaves surge through me causing my eyes to almost pop from their rightful places.

I wriggle my arms loose and throw them around Virgil. I scratch fruitlessly for something solid to grab onto but he pulls back before I can find a suitable conquest.

"Roman, I-" He looks away before anything can be exchanged. "I didn't mean to. I know you don't want anything like this. How could you? You're Roman, the perfectly handsome Prince and I'm... well I'm bupkis. I'm me." He looks down at his fingers pulling at his jumper paws. "And there's so much going on right now!"
He exhales sharply. "Forget it, Roman. I didn't mean anything by it-"
I cut him off by pulling his mouth to mine. The sweetness of his lips overwhelms me. Unable to pull away, I sink into the serenity of his kiss and lose myself in it.

Oh, how wrong he is about me.. about us! Mmm. This is perfect. I contemplate, savouring every moment before it fades into a distant memory.