Chapter 2

Every morning it's the same routine: wake up at 4:45 a.m., jump in a quick shower, get dressed, brush my hair and teeth, turn on the coffee pot, grab a protein bar and my phone with my headphones, lace up my shoes, and dart out the door by 5:15 for my morning jog. I always jog a few blocks before heading to school to stay in shape, well that and it's a hobby of mine since my dad died. I unwrap my protein bar and start to eat it. I then plugged my headphones into my ears and listen to my music, five finger death punch and black veil brides, and kick off. It's still pitch black outside and you can see the glistening light of the Moon in the sky due to the fact it's dead in the middle of winter, but I still find it cozy and peaceful. I make my first turn heading down Oakley Drive while listening to my songs and singing along to them in my head, but during the ten seconds of the switching of songs I hear footsteps and rustling of leaves. I turn around quickly but no one was there. I shrug my shoulders thinking it's just the wind and keep on heading down the black, dark, early morning streets. About half way through my jog I decide to take my headphones out and listen to the sound of the crickets chirp and owls hoot, but once again I hear footsteps and the rustling of leaves, and yet again I am alone. It's only 6:17 a.m. but the sounds I'm hearing were starting to freak me out, so I decide to take a short cut home. I start to jog along but then, footsteps? Again? I turn around quicker than ever to once again see a blank street. I hurry my pace up to where I am almost running looking behind my shoulder until I run into a figure dressed in black standing in my path. I try to run around him but he blocks my path, then a guy comes out from behind a tree, dressed in black also. I look quickly at both of them, going from one to the other. Then finally a third jumps of a house roof and lands perfectly on the ground. My mind is now racing and I'm shaking from fear, I ask them what they want and beg them to leave me alone, but then I'm forcefully thrown and pinned to the ground. They started to speak jibber-jabber, the only thing I understood were their names: the big one Darius, the medium sized one Carl, and the smallest one Jim. The biggest one that seemed to be the leader and whom they called Darius started to smell My neck and lick it with his rough tongue. I started to scream and fight back but it didn't do much, Carl and Jim were too strong. Darius opened his mouth and showed his teeth, the other two men did the same but waited for que. They all looked like normal teeth until I saw two sharp fangs hanging from each of the guys mouths. My mind was racing even more and I kept saying, "Fuck! I'm gonna die I'm only seventeen, like what the fuck?! God dammit," in my head. I knew I was done for, I just hope my mom will be ok, she has already lost her husband now she's going to lose her only daughter. The strange thing with fangs moved in closer towards my neck. I closed my eyes and prepared myself for the intolerable pain I was was about to endure.