Chapter 8

When I woke up this time I was lying down on a comfortable queen sized bed. It was black in the room except for the dimmed light hanging on the side of the wall by the bed. I looked at the clock lying on the night stand next to the bed where I was laying. It read 8:00 a.m. It was Tuesday morning I've been gone over a week, I thought to myself. I sat up and walked out of the room to see Z lying down on the couch asleep. I smiled, he was tired from everything I had put him through. I walked around looking at the blank walls and beautiful fireplace. There were no pictures or posters anywhere, it was plain. I looked up and notice a chandelier hanging from the ceiling, it was huge. I walked into the kitchen. It dishes were neatly placed and stacked in the cupboards. It was very neat and clean. I checked the fridge, it was full of food and drinks. There was juice, milk, and a few packets of blood. I grabbed them and studied them. I didn't know if it was human blood or animal blood, then I heard a noise. I turned around to see Z's face in mine. "Good morning love." He smiled. I smiled back, "Good morning." He looked at me with the packet of blood, "Don't worry I only drink human blood that's from a blood bank and is close to expiring." I smiled, "Yeah I was wondering, haha." I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and poured the blood into it. I handed it to Z, "Thanks," he started to drink it. I replied, "You're welcome," and smiled. I started to stare into his eyes then moved down to his neck where the two bite marks stood. Z laid down his glass and I took it and sat it in the sink. "I have a question." Z asked me, "Yes?" "How did you turn, you know into a vampire, If you don't mind me asking." Z turned around to face me and pulled himself onto the counter and sat with his head hanging down. "It happened almost a year ago. I was walking home from school and I made a wrong turn and ended up in a dark alley of Boston. I went to turn around and get back onto the main streets but a figure dressed in black stopped me. He pushed me to the ground, I tried to fight him off but he stopped me without even trying. He bit into my neck and the venom spread, turning me into a vampire... It was Darius." I stared at him, "I'm sorry." He lifted his head, "It's ok. You can't change the past, besides it's not that bad. The only thing that sucks is the cravings." He smiled a little, his pearly white teeth showing. "We should get you some clothes come on." I followed him into the bedroom. "Do you like bands?" I stared at him blankly, "Who doesn't?!" He laughed, "Then here you go," and handed me a pierce the veil shirt and a pair of ripped skinny jeans. He walked out and I started to change, the pants were a little big but that's ok. I walked out and Z was leaning against the side of the couch looking at his feet. When he heard my footsteps he looked up, "Fit ok," he asked. I turned around to show him. "Good," he said. "Sorry about your shack," I told him. He replied saying it's ok, he has other places and tons of money to fix it up. I walked over to the window that acted as a wall. I guessed we were in Boston from all the traffic and people. Z followed me, "Pretty view huh," he asked me. "Yes, very pretty," I replied.