Chapter 11

We stepped out of the building onto the streets. "It's a little crowded," I said with a smile. "Yeah, but where we are going it won't be for long." I held onto his hand tightly as he guided me through all the crowds of people. After about an hour, the crowds disappeared and we were back in the woods, "Where are we going?" You'll see, I think you'll like it," he said and smiled. He put me on his back, "Hold on tight." He jumped up, grabbing tree branches to gain height. I looked down and held on tighter, we had to be at least three hundred and eighty seven feet above the ground. Once we reached the top of the tree he held on with one hand and lowered me onto the biggest branch. We sat together on top of the tree, watching the sun set down on the mountains. It was a beautiful orange and yellow with a bluish and pink tint near the darker night Areas. "Wow," I replied, "It's beautiful!" Z turned to me and smiled, "It's beautiful like you," he replied. I started to blush, "Thank you." We turned back and looked at the sky. It was now a dark blue with purple, and the stars beamed bright in the sky. We stayed there for about four hours, just watching the stars and talking, calling out the things we saw, like a bunny or the little and big dipper. "My mom use to go star gazing with me every night. We'd look up at the stars and the beauty they created. Once I was bit I couldn't go back home, I had to leave her. She thought I ran away because she was a bad mother, she was the greatest mother ever but when I was first bit I couldn't control my thirst. I was afraid I was going to bite into her neck and drain her blood from her body. I couldn't risk that, my mother was all I had since my dad left me when I was two." He sighed and put his head in his hand as if he were going to cry, I patted and rubbed my hand on his back, "I'm sorry Z. I know how you feel, well sort of. My dad was killed five years ago by a mysterious creature. My mom is all I have left. All my other family either died or wants nothing to do with me. I knew once I was jumped by those vampires I couldn't go back home or else I'd risk her life and she might die, that's why I never asked." He looked up at me and I smiled, "I promise we'll make it through together, side by side." I grabbed his hand and we stared into each others eyes, he leaned into me as if he was gonna kiss me. I leaned in too and our lips met. They were so soft and warm. I can't believe it, I'm kissing a vampire! It didn't bother me though, it felt...right. We pulled away from each other and smiled. By now I knew we both had been put under a spell.