Chapter 5

Rushing through the woods finally came to a stop. We had arrived at this cute, little shack. Z carried me up the porch steps and into the shack, " Sorry it's kind of a mess." He set me down carefully, " Now be careful, you could give out again." I stared at all of his band posters that were having on the walls. There was a five finger death punch, a black veil brides, a pierce the veil, a suicide silence, and a panic at the disco poster spread out throughout the main room and there was a bunch a black lights throughout the shack; in the living room, the kitchen, his one bedroom, even the bathroom. Almost everything was new and updated, it was a teenagers dress dream world pretty much. Z had video games, a huge TV, a laptop, plenty of munchies, and a ginormous stereo system. " How do you like it?" I turned around to face him, " It's a teenagers dream house!" I laughed and so did Z. "I'm glad you like it." We both smiled at each other then Z headed over to the cupboard. He told me to lay down, so I did. He unwrapped my neck and grabbed a long needle with a bunch of purple ooze in it. " This is the antibiotic injection. It will hurt for a little bit but then it'll be over and you won't have to do it again. Are you ready?" I shook my head yes. He told me to relax and not to tense up, then there was a sharp stab into my neck, and then a deep stinging. I wanted to cry from the pain but I bit down onto my lip instead. I felt the needle finally leave my skin and the pain was over. " I know that hurt, I'm sorry. Now all you have to take is pills," he slipped them into his pocket. I looked at him and said ok. He wrapped my neck with a new gauze cloth and then told me to take it easy, that If I strain myself it'll hurt even more. I moved my neck a little and felt the pain, I let out what sounded like a hissing sound then a sharp, high pitched squeal. " Ow." See I told you, be easy." He cracked a half smile then went on. " Wanna play some video games?" I looked up at him like it was the end of the world and yelled yes. He handed me a Controller and we started playing Zombie Slayer with the sound of the theatrical performance on extra loud volume, it was pounding through the speakers. I felt as if my ears were going to explode, but I liked it.