Chapter 7: Loyalty

Waiting, for something to happen as I sat there, the main boss guy eyed me down. I hated this, I felt like he was trying to imagine bad things about me and I could say or do anything to make him stop, and it didn't help he was the only thing in my vision. Eventually he waved two of his fingers and a man walked up infront of me, I was on my knees so this guy seemed to be a giant, after a few moments of whispering the man took his foot and ram it up my rib cage. Yelping in pain I laid there as him and two other men beat up my defenseless teenage self.

"Enough" the boss man said eventually as he gazed at me from his seat, "Not so perfect now are you outsider" he grinned. "You know if your lover boy doesn't come soon enough, I might have to start doing worse to you" he laughed and everything went silent.

A whole time period had passed and no Elliot or anyone,  I wasn't sure what to do or think even. I refused to think Elliot was killed, no that wouldn't happen at all to him he's too angered when it comes to me getting hurt. Though as I sat there my head drooping almost to my knees and my arms behind my back the boss man ordered another torture for me, though this time wasn't like the first. He took his knife and started to rip the lace holding up my dress, I couldn't do anything as all the men stared as my dress fell lower and lower due to not having any straps. Vivaldi, your dress is bad in this case, I thought to myself. Though, right before the boss revealed too much of his prisoner a slam came to the door and everyone froze except for me. Blood still dripped from my lip and I was ready to die then and there, after I made that thought clear, Elliot busted through the door with a clock in his hand.

"Pretty sure this guy was yours" he said as he threw the clock on the ground in front of them. He glanced at me he looked like he knew what was going through my head, "Get your hands off her" he yelled and pointed the gun at the boss behind me.   They all started to fire and Elliot dodged them thanks to his second party member, Ace. The room broke out in all war, that was until the boss man grabbed me and held his gun to my head. Elliot and Ace stopped and froze at the sight, at that point I wasn't sure if it was because my dress fell or because of the gun against my head.

"One more person dead from my mob and she's dead" he yelled. Though right when he finished it a dead body rolled into the room from the door the two came from, next thing you know Boris is walking in with his duel semi automatic pistols acting like he didn't just kill a guy. "That's it" the bass man yelled in my ear as he cocked the gun back.

"Elliot" I yelled, though I felt like I was just caught in the moment, I looked at his face to see in his eyes what seemed to be failure. They swelled with anger in the split second he saw the third tear roll down my eye. He pulled his pistol and aimed right for the boss' head, though his head was right next to mine. BANG. I hear and I fell to the ground.

"Sky" one of the three yelled. I looked up to see Elliot wrapping his arms around me and holding me tight. "Everything going to be okay" he said to me as a bunch of gunfire went off in the room, he made sure I didn't see any of it as my head was buried in his coat. A few moments passed and gun fire kept going off, though Elliot removed his coat and draped it around my shoulders. He pulled my arms through the arm holes and buttoned it up so nobody would see what the boss man had done to me. Soon enough Elliot picked me up, I felt weightless and he carried me away from all the gunfire and outside where nothing bad was happening. 

"Open your eyes" he said to me as I opened my swollen eyes, mostly from crying moments ago.

I looked around, the day still beautiful and I came eye to eye with Elliot. He raised his hand a wiped the blood from my lip, smiling like he always does he wiped his bloody fingers on his jacket. We sat there without anything to say to each other for a long while till Ace and Boris came back out. They both were scratched up and had blood all over them, though for some reason this didn't scare me for I knew it wasn't their blood.

Ace smiled, "And that's why nobody messes with our outsider" he laughed and leaned back, he was so relaxed. "I better head back to the Clock Tower to finish work for Julius and clean up. I'll see you later Sky" he waved and started walking in the right direction for once.

"Damn those guys were too easy" Boris smiled and sat next to us, "Whoops I forgot I had to meet up with Roxy, I'll see you guys later!" Boris added and he jumped off and ran into the woods.

Elliot sighed, "Here let me help you finish your shopping, it's the least I can do that I got you in all this mess" he smiled and offered me his hand.

I looked down, I was basically just wearing his jacket by now, "Aren't I a little underdressed" I frowned.

He laughed, "No its fine not like anyone's gonna mess with you while I'm around". I stood up next to him and we finished my shopping list for Julius and we headed back to the Clock Tower. "Man, Vivaldi will have my head if you go back home to her looking like that" he sighed.

"Eh, not like she actually can, I bet she's busy in a meeting or having tea" I said jokingly to him. We were almost half way to the Clock Tower when the masked man that had shot me before had come out of the woods and stood in front of us. 'Really I can't even get shopping done without running into this much trouble' I pouted to myself. Elliot didn't look like he wanted to fight him but he pulled his gun anyways, I stood behind him holding onto his other arm.

"Elliot, it's okay you don't have to fight him, just let him pass" I said quietly to the hare.

He growled and tensed up, "I look at this guy and all I see is you laying on the ground dying". The masked man smirked at Elliot's words and pulled his sword. I didn't want them to fight, not after all that had just happened.

I moved from behind Elliot to in between the two, "Elliot, stop it" I yelled, "What he did was only him trying to protect himself, we've had enough battles today and we don't want anymore" I said looking at Elliot then the mystery man. The figure grinned and nodded, soon enough he turned and walked past right us.

After all the drama and walking we ended up at the Hatter's Mansion having tea with Blood on apology to having me kidnapped and beaten by an enemy mob. He said something about me being brave and all, yeah I didn't pay much attention to him. After tea I asked if I could borrow another book from his library, surprisingly he said yes after all the dirt I got in the last one. When I scanned his shelves for a new read he was sitting down working and I had just picked a book with the title, The Next War.

"I think I'll borrow this one" I said quietly holding the book with both hands infront of me.

He nodded and looked up at me, "Sky I am truly sorry about earlier, I told Elliot that it most likely wasn't the enemy mob when he said it was and we could have saved you sooner." He exclaimed. "Though, you know that you can always stop by any time you please, even if it just for me" he tried a new pick up line on me again.

I laughed, "Nice try but I'm just warming up to you after what has happened". Glancing down as my feet I was wearing Elliot's jacket still and forgot to give it back, the maids let me have one of their extra dresses and i was pleased with the fit. After saying bye to Blood I found Elliot's room, he was fast asleep so I just laid the jacket on a chair in the room. He looked so peaceful when he slept, like you'd never think he kills people for a living. His ears limp by his head and his hair all infront of his face, I tiptoed closer and moved some hair out of his eyes and kissed his forehead. As I turned to walk away he groaned and grabbed my arm, he was still 100% asleep when he did so. I froze, should I walk away and wake him or stand he and let him see me when he wakes?