Chapter 2: The Game

After our encounter with the Hatter's Mafia, they decided to walk us to the right path to Heart Castle. Blood doesn't seem too bad for a world mafia boss that is. Though I kept my distance from Elliot, though he was handsome and cute all in one he looked a lot like someone i used to love. He seemed not to mind me though, he didn't seem like the type of guy to get in others business. As we arrived at Heart Castle leaving Blood and Elliot behind by the Clock Tower, we were well greeted by the queen. She was in the middle of her evening tea when we arrived, though I suppose she didn't look too surprised to see me.

"Ace, why must you have brought another Outsider to our Country" she sighed and examined me. She was gorgeous, definitely fit for a queen, her dress seemed to aline her attitude well too.

Ace grinned, "Well Alice is too busy with the Hatter that we don't have an outsider of our own anymore. So Sky is here for us, I've been watching her some days and she is one of a kind"

"Watching m-" I was cut off my Vivaldi the Queen of hearts.

"She sure is beautiful I'll give you that, though she doesn't look like she's as scared of us as Alice was when she joined the Country as well." she examined me more closely as she spun me around and scoffed. "Your clothes are not as aline as Alice's though" she pulled at my striped v-neck shirt and pointed at my jean shorts.

"Uhh, sorry?" I grunted.

"Ace go to work, since you never are. We will spend some time with Sky, she needs a lady figure in her life" Vivaldi grinned and motioned for me to follow her showing off her perfectly shapes hands and the red and purple nail polish on my hand. I followed, still confused as to why I was following a complete stranger down halls and to a guarded room with a huge door.

"So Sky, do you like it here in the Country so far" Vivaldi asked me as she looked through what seemed to be a closet.

"I haven't seen much of it actually, but what I have seen I quiet beautiful to be honest. Reminds me of a painting or something" I smiled thinking of how I would draw places like this in my journal.

Vivaldi glanced at me then back looking through the closet, "Yes well we only care for the finest of things in our Castel." she pulled out a short purple dress that looked like it was made of silk, lined with a white layer of U shaped hoops. "How do you like it" she asked me smiling.

"it's gorgeous but I think your gown is much more fitting for you" I exclaimed trying to be nice and make sure she doesn't think wrong of me.

"We know that, we had this gown made especially for our taste. As for you though, we have chosen this one. Now hurry up and change we want to see you in it" she said as she shoved the dress in my arms and pushed to towards the wooden panels that as I remember people in China have to change behind.

After a few minutes I walked out in the purple dress, it was well fitting for me and very comfortable. Vivaldi really knows her clothes as I would expect a women like her would.

She grinned, "Ravishing. Now Sky, won't you join us for some evening tea? It is our favorite time of day." She said as she motioned for me to follow her again with the same hand and I did so.

As the evening passed Vivaldi and I sat in her garden and talked of the Country, mostly her telling me everything about it from the game I am in to the people and even the territories and how the Clock Tower is the only neutral zone in the Country. Though there is plenty of woods to cover the area, Vivaldi says she wanted to expand but as does all the other territories, which is why there is an on going fight between. the territories.

Eventually we were greeted by the Prime Minister, I could tell by the look of him I wasn't going to like the guy. Tall, squinted eyes, white long hair, white rabbit ears, a red plaid coat with a clock in his pocket, and long tan pants. And his voice rang in my ears when he talked, like you would expect a young girl to have the voice that high. Yet, the time period changed to the hight of day and Vivaldi decided it was too hot to have tea anymore.

As I began to relax, Ace had come back with a message for me. The Hatter wanted me to join him and his family to tea, even though I had just had some with the queen

I decided to go, after all the more I learn about these people the faster I get home. Vivaldi wished me good luck and gave me a warning that the Hatter is not right in the head. Though i figured this already, in the old fairy tail stories the Hatter was always my favorite character yet he never seemed to have all his marbles.

When I arrived at the Hatter's Mansion, Elliot was waiting by the gates to escort me to the garden where we would be having tea. It seemed like deja-vu to me, though as I sat down next to Elliot, across from Blood and who I assumed with Alice, and on the other side of me was Dee and Dum the gate keepers I avoided last run in here.

"Evening darling, how has our newest outsider been in her journey through the Country? " the Hatter questioned me.

I sighed and smiled looking down at my tea cup half full, "It's quiet beautiful here I can say that honestly, but the rest I'm not quiet sure. Vivaldi had told me all I needed to know about the Country earlier today." I exclaimed.

"Vivaldi" Elliot repeated and scoffed a little then looked down at me, "I can now see where you got the dress from, it looks nice on you Sky" he smiled at me so cutely.

"Thanks" I replied as I wanted to change the subject before I go into a nervous break down, I could feel my hands begin to sweat.

"Hey big sis" Dee said, the Dum finished the sentence "Sky and you should both live in the Hatter's Mansion." After Dum stated that Dee jumped up and replied with "Yeah wouldn't that be great having two outsiders while the other territories have none"

"Now now you guys calm down, let her decide where she wants to stay for her time here. I still remember staying at the Clock Tower so long ago when I first came to the Country." Alice spoke softly.

I smiled,"Thank you but I believe my place is at Heart Castle bow, at least till I'm used to the Country"

Blood scoffed, "Elliot you eat more carrot cake than anyone else you dumb rabbit"

Elliot looked up to him after swallowing the last of his slice of carrot cake, "I'm not a rabbit" he growled. The two had this really heated argument I'm not going to go in detail to because it's not G rated. The outcome though was Blood standing and jamming his cane into Elliot rib cage. As I helped Elliot up I decided to say a few things.

"You know it's not right to treat family like that, and if you ever thought I was going to stay here at the Mansion with you then think again. I could not agree to something to stupid because not only do you hurt your right hand man but you scared Alice and docked the twins paychecks." I growled. "I doubt you're using your power correctly"

He grinned and laughed, "And what would an outsider know about me? Stay here or not cupcake you're going to end up loving me back." he said as he walked around the table to me and placed his hand on my cheek again.

I slapped his hand, "Get off me, I'm leaving and I don't care if I get lost" I growled as he gripped his cane tight and pulled it up in the air and swung it right at my face. Sending me to the ground with a blur and a sting to the face, my eyes started to water but I wasn't going to let him win. "Everyone was right about you Blood. You're as cold as the bodies of the inocent people you kill" I spat at him from the ground as I started to pull myself up.

He clearly didn't like what I said though, he kicked me back down to the ground and looked me straight in the eyes, "Sometimes outsiders need to know their place" her yelled and swung his cane back again then full force came down on my. Though as I was expecting to hear a huge whip sound and me end up having a broken rib there was a loud clank noise instead. I looked up to see Elliot pull his pistol and block the cane from hitting me, they stared at each other for a long time.