4. TordMatt - Happy again part 2

Tord's Pov

Right after Edd ran out of cafe I noticed that he left behind his cola six pack. I smiled to myself of how goofy my old friend is. I finished my tea, stood up and pack cans of cola into my backpack. I was planning to leave them in front door to his apartment. As I promised I payed for our order and left coffee shop. I was wondering how Matt is doing. Memory of his sparkling, clear blue eyes flashed in my mind. I missed him so fucking much. Burning tears started to gather under my eyelids.

"No, I can't feel like that. I cannot be weak." I whispered to myself and clenched my fists until my knuckles turned white. Soon I'm going to become the Red Leader and I cannot let myself be emotional. I knew that and even though I let a single tear roll down my cheek. I missed Matt so much. Why can't I just be with him?! Because that would ruin his life. My left part of brain spoke up. I felt terrible, but that was true. Life with me would be really dangerous, filled with fear. I don't think that this is something Matt would like. He'll find someone else, someone better. He'll be happy and safe, that's all that matters. My thoughts stopped rushing when I reached the park, which was the place of earlier meeting with Edd. I sat on the bench and ran my fingers through my hair. Tomorrow is my last day here. The last day before I'll open recruitment to my Red Army. I mean I already have some soldiers, but it's not enough also my base needs some repairs and improvements. Lots of work, but today and tomorrow I shouldn't think about it. What I should do is get some rest. At least that's what Patryck asked me to do. Question is how am I supposed to do that? Ugh... I'm overthinking again. 

I was planning on delivering cola to Edd, but I had no idea where he lives now. Awesome. I thought sarcastically and look around. It was getting dark, which didn't surprised me. Lately I've been losing the lack of time while thinking. I'm supposed to get over this bad habit but it is not that easy. I stood up and made my way to hotel where I was planning on staying for the night. I haven't booked it yet cause of my lazy ass, but I'm sure they'll find a room.

I stopped for a second to remember which street I should turn, when I heard some people 'talking'. To be honest that sounded like a threat. I wouldn't give a shit if it wasn't for a familiar voice screaming "Not the face!" I ran into direction where voices came from. Soon I saw men holding Matt, while the other one was  beating him. Rage grew in me, making me clenched my fists. I wasn't thinking anymore I just let my inner beast get out.

I ran to the guy who dared to hurt Matt and punched him in the stomach with my robotic arm. He hit the ground with a howl of pain and coughed some blood. The other guy let Matt go and was about to ran off, but I didn't let him. I grabbed him by his throat and raised him above the ground, choking him with my stronger, metal hand. Then I slammed his body into brick wall. His weak hands tried to pull me off. His legs were kicking in every possible direction.

"L..let me go." He barely choke out those words.

"Why the fuck would I?!" I tightend robotic fingers around his throat with sadistic smile. Sharp metal parts cut his skin, letting a few drops of blood run down his neck. His hands dropped and legs stopped moving. Then I felt the muzzle of the gun pressed against the back of my head. I heard clicking sound.

Matt's Pov

I was really frightened. This bad guy was aiming a gun at someone I found familiar, even though he looked scary. I didn't know what to do. I slowly stood up and took the opportunity to attack, since no one payed attention to me. I grabbed a glass bottle that layed on the ground and smashed it on scumbag's head. Guy with weird robot arm quickly threw a strangling man on the other one and took his gun. Then he unlocked the weapon and was about to shot these people, but something stopped him. He looked at me and put gun into pocket of his black coat. He made sure that they unconscious and took a few steps away. Involuntarily I glared at their bodies. They looked like they were dead, but I could see slight movements on their chests. Beside that they were really badly injured. It was horrible. Blood was everywhere and I relized that I was trembling. Did I made the right choice to protect this scary-looking guy? He...He was dangerous and normally I would ran away long time ago. But there was something about this guy that made me feel safe around him. I know it's weird, but I just felt that he won't hurt me.