Chapter 1: A Volatile Quirk

A/N: So been debating about doing a My Hero Academia book for a while, been doing draft chapters but it kinda fell into a stagnant area after a while, the first chapter will be the reader discovering their quirk as well as learning to control it with the help from a close friend. Anyway ENJOY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ky's POV
After almost 10 years of wanting to burn down buildings, rob stores and just cause general mayhem I was finally talked out of it by my now beautiful wife Kallen, who was always at my crime sprees to 'throw a spanner in the works' as she would say, after a while of not seeing each other I eventually caused mayhem just to see her, catch up or get her attention. About three years ago I finally decided I'd had enough and turned myself over the the authorities and try and atone for what I'd done, and like when i was out destroying things Kallen was there and was able to have the jury to lower the severity of my punishment as long as she kept an eye on me. A further three months later I asked Kallen if she wanted to go out on a date maybe get dinner some time but she kept declining, but I knew she was just trying to keep things professional between us.

That however changed almost six months after my hearing and she finally said yes, eventually we decided to get married and settle down, I got a job as a blacksmith working a fair ways out of town with an old friend from before I became a villain and now six months later we were expecting our first child in about a further three months. Kallen was sitting in the lounge watching the news as I brought her a snack, her cravings have been rather normal when I think about some of the other things that I've heard.

"Hey sweetheart, you remember when I started a small fire just to catch up with you Kallen?"

I joined my wife on the couch with the popcorn as we started reminiscing about our days before we got together and settled down. Kallen let out a small chuckle which caused me to give her a soft smile. One thing was for sure that if I had the quirk to turn back time and tell myself that I'd meet a beautiful woman like Kallen and then marry her, I'd punch myself in the gut the burn my own body.

"Oh, you mean the one where you just did it to burn 'Frost-hawk will you go out with me?' Yeah I remember, it was actually the last time I turned you down before I finally said yet."

Kallen gave me a kiss on the cheek as she took my hand in hers and placed the other on her stomach, even though she's eight months pregnant she's still beautiful to me and I wouldn't change anything about it. Even knowing that I have a kid on the way I was both nervous and excited about being a father and one thing's for sure, I'll be a better dad than my old man.

"So how's the little feller?"

I gently caressed Kallen's hand as she rested her head on my shoulder and let out a soft sight and slow breaths. We saw the doctor three weeks ago and we found out that we're having a baby boy but on top of that we found out that his quirk will be rather different to ours, but will closely resemble my ability to manipulate fire.

"He's still there, a quiet one but he's going to have a unique quirk. I'm just hoping that he'll have a rather easy childhood compared to you, but I know you won't do what your father did."

Kallen closed her eyes and gently drifted off to sleep and not too long after I joined her  and we fell asleep on the couch after turning the TV off to get some sleep.

15 years later

Y/n's POV

Another incident at home, this quirk of mine is really starting to get out of hand, I've almost burnt down the house four times in the last six months. Just when I think I'm getting an understanding of my quirk it decides to act up and land me in hot water. If it wasn't for mom quirk we probably would have had to move numerous times by now, I just wish I had a better understanding of my quirk and how to control it.

I sat up in my bed still groggy and my left arm was bandaged up as well as my right leg, most likely either second or third degree burns this time, well at least it wasn't as bad as when I first lost control of my quirk I nearly incinerated the entire block, mom had to encase me in a mountain of ice to help me cool off. That's not an exaggeration either I still feel the chills every now and again when I think about it. I turned my attention to my bedroom door as mom walked in, while she was concerned I could tell she wasn't overly ecstatic about the damage this time.

"How you doing sport?"

I gave mom a weak smile as well as a half hearted wave as she entered my room and sat down on my bed, I was half expecting to be frozen solid at least that's what happened the first few times my quirk acted up. It was purely precautionary and I understand why mom did it so I harbored no ill intent towards her.

"Well .. aside from nearly burning the house down ... and a minor headache I'm doing alright ... I'd be better if I could control my quirk, I've been to the doctors every time after an incident and they haven't been able to tell me what's going on."

Mom ran a hand through my hair and gave me a soft smile, I knew that graduation was today but I've had this quirk for almost 15 years and I still haven't got it under control, only thing that I know about it is that it's as volatile as the sun.

"Don't worry buddy, you'll figure it out. You've got your mother's smarts after all."

I gave mom a smile as she left my room to let me get ready for school. I glanced out the window of my bedroom and let out a sigh as I got ready for hell. 'Another day, another  round of humiliation.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: That's it for the first chapter now the first few chapters will take place prior to the fifth episode of the first season of My Hero Academia as I have plans for the plot at a later date, it'll be roughly two years prior to that episode. Anyway thank you all for reading and I bid you adieu.