Chapter 4: Guardians are Real

A/N: Okay so as I made a note of at the end of the last chapter, I've decided to throw some Destiny stuff into the mix, it's all related to the story and why Rin and Daisuke can't help Y/n with his quirk, because even though he doesn't know it, both his parents are Guardians and well Cayde will make a more physical appearance in this chapter and as for the Ghost, well you'll see.

Cayde: Alright, time for a Cayde riff in six, watch me for the changes and uh try to keep up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's Pov

I had a feeling that this would be a complete waste of time and so far that feeling was holding true, even trying to picture a gun in my hand or any object of any kind wasn't even working mom had been using her quirk to control the flames when they got out of control but right now I was starting to get pissed off at the fact that this wasn't working and that the entrance exam for U.A. was coming up in a few months.

"Come on dude, this time for sure. Just focus, picture the gun in your hand surely it can't be that hard? I mean Rin and I got our quirks under control rather quickly maybe it's just because you're a late bloomer?"

Hearing Daisuke say that just made me snap, it wasn't easy to get me mad but with everything that has happened from dad dying to me being unable to control my quirk Daisuke's words were the straw that broke the camel's back.

"ALRIGHT THEN, CLEARLY IF YOU THINK THIS IS SO FUCKING EASY THEN YOU TRY IT!! OH, WAIT YOU FUCKING CAN'T BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A QUIRK THAT CAN BLOW UP ENTIRE CITY BLOCKS IF YOU SO MUCH AS DO THE WRONG HAND MOTION!! YOU DON'T HAVE A QUIRK THAT IS AS VOLATILE AS THE GOD DAMN SUN!! YOU KNOW WHAT THIS WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!! I SHOULD NEVER HAVE AGREED TO THIS!!"

I placed the knife that Daisuke had given me in the holster on my chest and made my way home, I need to cool off, I am in no frame of mind to so much as even talk to anybody. Suffice it to say this day had just gone from average to crap to complete and utter shit in about three hours. The sun had started setting by the time I made it home I was still pissed off about earlier I just went straight into the kitchen to cook up some food, but what caught me completely by surprise was that there was a walking robot in there, granted not the weirdest thing I've seen, but I've never heard of anybody getting the quirk that made them into a robot. But what was even stranger was that he was petting a chicken that was wearing an exact copy of his cape.

"Listen buddy, I've had the worst day imaginable so you'd better scram before I lose my cool."

"Well, intel certainly didn't skip the whole 'I'm angry get out of my way' memo, okay kid my name's Cayde-6 I'm what's called a Guardian, and your mother, Kallen, was one too up until recently as was your old man."

Hearing this robot 'Cayde-6' giving me a history lesson about my parents made my blood boil and I could feel my quirk starting to run rampant, I don't know what made this guy think he knows my family and myself but he'd better explain and fast.

"Okay, I can see you're pissed and I would be too if you know I had a quirk extremely volatile like yours, but would you hear me out if I said I can help you?"

I gave the robot a stern glare, so much for a quiet night at home all that I wanted to do was forget about today but some godly figure out there just seems to keep shitting on my face and giving me all the reason in the world to just not care.

"You have five minutes before I lose my cool Cayde, five minutes so start talking."

Cayde gave me a complete run down on how his 'quirk' if you could call it that works and albeit he even described how he controls it and I actually felt somewhat relieved at that, finally I'd found someone, or rather, someone found me to help with my quirk.

"So let me get this straight, my parents aren't exactly human, they're part of a group of people selected by some godly figure called the traveler, to help defend humanity against the darkness and you're a Hunter. I leave anything out?"

"Nope, you've basically summed up everything in a nutshell. So first thing's first we need to get you a Ghost."

As if right on cue a smaller robot, what Cayde described as a Ghost just spontaneously appeared in the room which caught me completely off-guard and caused me to fall out of my chair and land flat on my back which caused Cayde to let out a slight chuckle.

"Are you sure this is the one Cayde? The one that Kallen told us about?"

"Positive Ghost, he's the one we're after and he needs help, Ikora will know what to do. Only problem is that she's on Io at the moment, and who knows when she'll be back. However I might be able to do something, I gotta take off kid but I'll be back tomorrow. Keep an eye on him Ghost."

Cayde left with his chicken in tow leaving me with a floating light which he referred to as a Ghost which simply hovered over my shoulder looking in the direction that Cayde left my home. Before beeping and looking at me as if studying me which got on my nerves rather quickly.

"Okay, Ghost, is it? I would greatly appreciate it if you wouldn't just glare at me like that."

"Forgive me Y/n, I was just simply trying to deduce ways that might benefit you controlling your Quirk and I think I found some."

I let out a frustrated sigh as I remembered what happened earlier today as Ghost brought it up, it was one thing that Cayde said he could help me but now Ghost is offering me help not only that but when I blew up at Rin and Daisuke after school I doubt they'd be happy to see me right now. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard mom call out from the front door.

"Hey, Y/n, I'm home. How was your day?"

I almost froze on the spot and looked at the floating light bulb which only looked right back at me, I completely missed what mom was saying only to hear her words trail off as she entered the kitchen and saw the Ghost.

"Uh ... hi ... mom ..."

"I see that you've found out about our past then?"

I rubbed the back of my neck as I averted mom's gaze while thinking of a reply, which mom beat me to.

"It appears as though I've got some explaining to do then. You'd better take a seat, this is tale may seem far fetched, but every word of it is the truth."