How

How could you give birth to someone and not make an effort to make them happy, to show that you love them and care about them, and to be a mother?

How do you let them think that you don't give a shit about them or their wellbeing?

How do you go 3 years without telling them happy birthday on their birthday?

How do you go weeks sometimes months without seeing them or talking to them?

How can you make them be the parent at the age of 6, 10, or 15?

It shouldn't matter what you've gone through, you should never want your son or daughter to feel like you don't care about them. They shouldn't feel guilty for wanting to stand up to you because of how you have treated them their whole life.

They shouldn't go days without being happy because of how worried they are about you because you don't have the decency to call or text them to tell them that you're alive.

They shouldn't get 5+ coldsores and cankersores every year around their birthday because of the fact that you don't say happy birthday stresses them out that much.

How could you let your kid think you like cigarettes and drugs more than them?

How could you make them walk 4 blocks at 2 am at the age of 10 because they woke up with the stomach flu and you weren't there to comfort them?

How?