apple picking || t.h

Changing leaves. Oversized sweaters. Vanilla chai lattes. Your favorite time of year was finally in full swing. Fall. 

You were snuggled up with Tom on the couch, under your favorite blanket in the whole flat, Tom watching football (American football for once).Ever since the two of you had been together you had persuaded him to be a fan of your favorite team, the New York Giants. While the game was on, you were simultaneously scrolling through Pinterest looking through all of the fall themed DIYs, fashion concepts, and recipes.

One of outfits you stopped on was a apple picking specific outfit. 

"Ugh, I've always wanted to go apple picking," you said out loud, referring to one of the few fall activities you have yet to do.

"Really? You've never been?" Tom asked turning his attention away from the game, to see what it was sparked the random thought. 

"No. You have?" you asked surprised that he sounded os shocked that you hadn't. 

"Yeah! It's a good time, you know if you like apples," Tom said jokingly.

"Or, you know, just really good cute photoshoot opportunities," you said sounding like the most quintessential white college girl.

"I assume that is true too," he said "Although you always look photoshoot ready darling...." pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"Aw thanks babe," you smiled, surely blushing. "So does that mean we can go apple picking?" you asked, with a cheeky smile. 

"I don't see why not," he said turning his attention back to the football game when he heard the announcer yell "Giants Touchdown!" 

"WOOO!" he yelled throwing his hands up

'I've created a monster' you thought laughing at your cute football loving British dork.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Following weekend

You woke up to the fall sun streaming through the window, birds chirping, and rolled over to an empty half of bed. 

Damn! No fall morning snuggles for me you thought. 

You wasted five (probably more like ten minutes) in bed, scrolling through social media, liking some edits fans had made of you and Tom. You were always amazed at the amount of skill in these edits.

After what seemed like a reasonable amount of time being lazy, you decided to get out of bed and see what Tom was up to. 

When you stepped out of the bedroom and into the living area, you found Tom in the kitchen, which could only mean one thing, especially on a Saturday morning. Pancakes!

"I could only imagine what you're making," you said smiling, to which Tom turned around realizing you had woken up. 

"Good morning love," he said. He slid some pancakes off the pan and onto a plate.

"What do we have here?" you asked realizing that these were no ordinary pancakes, giving him a morning breath kiss.

"Well I thought pumpkin pancakes would fit with the theme today," he said bringing the plates to the breakfast bar. 

"Today? And what exactly is happening today?" you asked unaware of the plans Tom had seemed to have made already.

"Well you see, I recall a certain someone saying they had never been apple picking before..." he said.

Your face lit up, realizing what he meant. Your conversation from last week. 

"Are we really going apple picking?" you asked excitedly.