0.6 Spinach & cheese & peas

September 30 2018

"Girls, go play in the playroom while I finish dinner please." I called out to Kaylee, Noelle, and the twins, I heard all 4 of them rush down the hall of their playroom. Darcy was helping me prepare dinner, Kennedy was sitting in her high-chair and watching Brynn, who was practising her dance routine on the other side of the kitchen island.

"Mum! Mummy watch my turn." I spun around from the pasta I was boiling and watched Brynn nail a double pirouette.

"Good job Brynnie, Miss Ruth will be impressed with you." I gave Brynn a small clap while Kennedy giggled and clapped as well.

"Darc can you get mummy the spinach out of the fridge please?" We were having spinach, cheese and pea pasta for dinner tonight. It was an easy meal that all the girls enjoyed that I could whip up on a weeknight.

"Darc stir this please while I get the garlic bread out of the oven." I handed the wooden spoon I was using to stir the pasta sauce and shells.

"When will daddy be home?" Kaylee ran into the kitchen, her long pig-tails flailing behind her. Harry went to work today to finalise some last minute tour details.

About an hour." I replied with a shrug while looking at the clock. I set the garlic bread tray down on the counter as Kaylee sighed and ran back to the playroom.

An hour later:

"Wow Darcy, this is delicious." Harry exclaimed, dipping his spoon into the pasta again. Darcy grinned and took a sip of her water.

"Did you make this all by yourself Darc?" I laughed slightly at how cute Harry was with the girls.

"Not all by myself. Mummy helped a little bit too." Darcy giggled. Harry smiled at me and continued to listen to the girls tell their stories about the days adventures.