Pearl Joins the Battle!

Pearl's POV

Pearl sat in the recording booth, writing up the script for a new song that she was composing, Into the Light. She seemed to be stuck on her part, trying to weave together words that rhymed, made sense and that she could rap.

"Eh, screw it, I'll go bug Marie."

Pearl set the paper and pencil down and ran out of the recording booth. Several wishful inklings crowded around her, hoping for a selfie or for Pearl to give them an autograph.

"Hi! Sorry!" Pearl pushed through the crowd, reaching the kettle to Octo Canyon.

"I gotta go help find Callie." Pearl switched to her inkling form and hopped into the kettle, reaching Octo Canyon.

"Alrighty..." Pearl walked over to the launchpad that Casey had uncovered a few hours ago. She, as with Marie, was very impressed by Casey's work as an agent.

"Hmm... come to think of it..." Pearl thought some things over while soaring over to Sector 2.

"Oh! They aren't here." Pearl looked around, before noticing the launchpad to Sector 3 was open.

"Aha! Found y'all!" Pearl ran over to it, switched forms and blasted off to Sector 3.

"HEY WASSUP-"

Pearl stopped talking when she found herself staring down Marie's charger.

"Oh. Sorry, Pearl."

"Um... you ok? Last time I was threatened with a weapon I was playing Rainmaker."

"Oh, well, I guess I didn't expect 'MC Hyperfresh' or whatever your rapper name is to arrive so suddenly."

"Heh. Yeah. Well, I was thinkin'..."

"What?"

"I wanted to join your little gang."

"Splatoon."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever it's called."

"Well, lemme get your agent gear. Oh, and you'll need to remove the crown."

"What?! Why?!"

"Because part of the rules around here is that-"

"You aren't allowed to have fun-"

"You aren't allowed to wear anything other than your agent gear while on the job."

"Oh. Gosh, wait til-"

"And this is a secret organization. S E C R E T."

"Oh."

"What weapon do you use?"

"Slosher Deco."

"Well, you're getting a slosher."

"Why?"

"Um, Marina didn't throw a tantrum when she couldn't use her Inkbrush Noveau, or when Casey couldn't use her Custom Dualies."

"Well, what's the weapon?"

"You'll be getting a Hero Slosher."

"Sub and Special?"

"What do you think?"

"Umm... Battle Cry and Auto Bombs."

"Sure. Plus, here's the agent wear."

Marie handed Pearl the agent gear and headphones. Pearl reluctantly took off her crown and gave it to Marie.

"Plus, what caused you to join us?"

"Uh, I wanted to help more with the rescue thing than what we're already doing."