4. That Mob Life

Words: 2244

LC was done crying and waiting. She needed some fresh air. 

With her mind made up, she exited out of the stall she's been hiding in for the past two hours and walked towards the sinks. 

There was another woman in the bathrooms who was finishing up washing her hands. The woman was minding her own business until LC took off her face mask. She sucked in her breath, but LC didn't care as she proceeded to wash her face, trying to erase the evidence of her recent sob party. She heard the woman leave, giving LC some privacy. 

Truthfully, LC was just glad that the woman wasn't Detective Madani. She wanted her space, away from all the questioning and scrutiny; especially from Madani's partner, whatever his name was. The man wouldn't stop staring loathingly at LC because of her connection with the Punisher. He didn't give a damn that LC was mourning the death of her father whom she barely remembers due to her amnesia. He kept scowling at her as if it was her fault that her father killed people. LC very nearly showed the agent the finger on multiple occasions.  

The knowledge of her father's passing was still a fresh wound, similar to that of a slow hemorrhage. The pain took its time but created catastrophic damage that became irreversible before it could be detected. LC's chest felt heavy and at some points, she found it hard to breathe. In the stall, she often found herself gasping for air as she held herself tightly, unable to come to terms with the fact that she was truly alone in this unfair world.  

She didn't care that he was a murderer with a striking kill count. She wasn't disturbed when she saw him on the front cover of the newspaper in an orange jumpsuit and handcuffs. She simply couldn't be happier knowing that she had a father. 

Learning that she had a family, awakened some of the memories she thought were hidden and locked away by her amnesia forever. Every time she closed her eyes, she would see a family of three staring at her: a woman, a man, and a boy. Their faces were blurry as they smiled at her. She could make out that the man was Frank Castle, but the other two she couldn't name. Were they her mother and brother? Were they dead or alive? Were they looking for her?

LC sadly found the answers to her questions. Unknowingly to the Homeland agents, and even Lu, LC stole the newspaper with her father on it and read the article it in the bathroom stall. The article was ruined now. LC's tears damaged the paper and she crumbled it out of anger. 

Maria and Frank Jr Castle were dead. Worse of all, her father died thinking his daughter was dead too. 

LC turned the nob of the faucet in the opposite direction and splashed freezing water on her face in an attempt to distract herself from the imposing memories and pain. 

She desperately needed to get out of the building. She was beginning to feel claustrophobic from the concrete encasement. Using her sleeve to wipe her face, LC walked out of the bathroom into a hallway. At the end of the hallway, there were a couple of seats against the wall. Lu was sitting on one of the chairs appearing stressed out. 

The moment he saw her, Lu came rushing over. "How are you?" 

LC hoped her eyes didn't spell out 'terrible.' She glanced around, noticing how there were a few agents out and about. "I want to leave," she signed, not wanting any of the agents nearby to catch wind of her exit. 

Lu nodded his head. "Let's go."

LC couldn't have been more grateful for Lu's understanding. The two of them casually walked towards the elevator, pretending to be inconspicuous. They got on the elevator without a hitch. Detective Madani and her disrespectful partner were nowhere in sight. LC kept close to Lu, looking down at the ground in order to hide the exposed portion of her face with her hair while Lu led her past the security guards.