Chapter Thirty

'He left us

'He left us.'

'I don't believe you.'

'Read this letter, Pran. Read what it says.'

'I did, mom. But it could be anything. Like it's just a letter. He could be joking with us for god's sake.'

'Joking?! He said he have fallen in love with someone else. He said he was done with the marriage. He said he is done with me. He is done with you. Do you think that's something you can joke about?'

'I know it's a harsh joke but-'

'Stop! Just stop! You denying it isn't helping anything. The sooner you realize it, the better.'

'But-'

'No buts. I am going out and I will be back home late. Just eat whatever you want from the fridge. This place is just too suffocating for me to live now.'

With that said, she left. Silence engulfed the room. The girl left behind slid down on the floor as she raised her knees to rest her chin on it. She was alone. All alone.

'Lalisa? Hey, Lalisa! Wake up! Hey!'

Lisa woke up with a jolt. The nurse let out a startled yelp.

'Where am I?' Lisa asked.

'You are in Mirae. This is the infirmary room, remember? Anyways, you fell asleep. Probably was because of the painkillers I gave you. They make you drowsy, you know.'

Lisa just nodded her head.

'Did you have a bad dream or something? You were mumbling and frowning a lot.'

I wish it was only just a bad dream.

'Yeah.' She replied.

The nurse patted her shoulders before walking back to her desk. Lisa let out a loud sigh as she massaged her temples. She looked around and frowned as she noticed it was only her and the nurse.

'Uh, where are the boys?'

'They were called to the principal office a couple minutes ago since their parents' came. They probably still are there.'

'Oh.'

'You most likely will be called too so better fix yourself.' The nurse pointed at the mirror hanging on the wall.

'Right.' Lisa mumbled.

She walked up to it and ran her fingers through her hair. She fixed her shirt's collar and straightened her skirt. She then grabbed the blazer, she had taken off before falling asleep and put it on.

She stared at her reflection and forced a smile trying to forget about her dream. It's all in the past now. Don't think about it. It's all in the past.