Chapter Four

We drove away from the iHop in that Camaro, and boy, did I feel cool. I checked my phone and that it was already 11:15. I sighed, knowing that the mall was all the way across town. Just as  I went to click my phone shut, Casey texted me.

*No problem, just take your time babe.*

That's weird... Usually he spams me until I get there.

"So, how's it going over there?" I jumped. Mingus's voice... It was so... deep. It surprised me.

"Pretty good I guess. How about you?" I asked.

"Pretty awesome. My dad NEVER lets me drive the Camaro. He must really like your sister." He said.

"Yeah, I guess!"

We drove in silence for a bit. I mean, it was just a LITTLE awkward being in a car with someone you've been stalking for the past 2 years.

Once we got into the mall parking lot, we waited for my sister and Norman to get to the mall. I guess I didn't expect them to get there right away, since they drove a Pontiac, and we drove a Camaro.

It took about 5 more minutes of just waiting and talking to Mingus before they got into the parking lot. We watched them get out of the car, and they looked just like some celebrity couple fresh off the red carpet. I was really surprised. We got out of the car and walked towards the mall. Since we were going in the door that had the food court, we were going to all sit there and talk for a bit.

I felt SO cool for a second. Why? Because THE Mingus Reedus held the freaking door for me. We walked in together and looked around for a second. I think we both saw what was happening at the same time...

"Oh...my...God..." We said at the same time.

I looked at Mingus and tears welled up in my eyes. "You see the two people over there kissing?"

"Y-yeah..." He stuttered.

"T-the guy... He's my boyfriend... er, ex-boyfriend..." I whispered.

"The girl is my girlfriend... or, ex-girlfriend, as some would put it..." He whispered back.

He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me as I cried into his shoulder. I heard a small sob escape his mouth. I cried for about 5 more minutes, then Norman and Chrissy walked in.

"Mingus! Why is she crying? And why are YOU crying?" Norman asked.

"We walked in and saw Kayla and  Whitney's boyfriend making out over at a table..." He said.

"Where'd they go." Norman said calmly, yet angrily.

"Over to the west wing..." MIngus whispered.

Just then, Norman did something unexpected. He hugged the both of us, then pulled Chrissy along with him as they headed to the west wing. I hoped to God that he was going to beat Casey up or something.

Just as I thought of Casey, I pulled out my phone and checked for a message. I saw a text from Casey:

*You here yet babe? I miss you!*

I did not hesitate to reply.

*Yes, I'm here. I've been here for about 10 minutes.*

I got an instant reply:

*Why didn't you text as soon as you got here??*

My reply:

*I will explain that as soon as you explain why you were kissing that girl in the food court.*

I didn't get a reply for about 10 minutes after that one. So Mingus and I went over and sat at a table and talked. He told me things like 'If he's gonna do something like that to you, he's not good enough for you' and 'It'll all be okay.' For some reason, I believed him.

"Hey, Whitney?" Mingus said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Um... I know we've known each other for like, 3 hours and we just experienced the worst thing ever, but um... will you um... Will you go out with me???"

I swear to God my heart stopped.

~:D:D Cliffhangers FTW! Um, so I have nothing better to do today. So this is pretty much what I'm doing. Um, if you like this story and want it to continue and stuff, make sure to vote and comment cx Ilysm!~