One

Emerald
   There was noise coming from the house; a man and woman shouting and a young child crying. I knew what it meant. Dad was back, after about five months or whatever, and him and mum didn't get along. They always fought when they were together and nothing could make them get along again. Dad even moved out of the house. I had no idea where he lived now and according to their fights, it seemed as if dad was cheating.
   The shouts continued and as me and Sierra walked towards the house, we could clearly hear them two, swearing and cursing each other.
"Why don't we discuss another day?" Sierra said suddenly looking at her phone. "Mum just texted me, she said she wants to take me and little bro to dinner tonight."
"Okay," I said quietly. I knew it was a plain lie. Sierra wasn't exactly my friend, though I was dying to make her my friend. She was beautiful, intelligent, rich and was the most popular girl in school. It had taken me months to make her agree to come over to my house for dinner and I just felt terrible at the situation that she had found. I had no idea that dad would be here. I had no idea, and for once, I hated dad.
I sensed Sierra looking at me. I couldn't look at her. I couldn't meet her eyes.
"It's okay, love," she said. I felt her hand on my shoulder. "Everything will be okay, sweetheart. Cheer up."
I forced myself to smile. I turned to look at her. She smiled lovingly. Sierra had a pretty oval face, chocolate eyes, a light skin and cute lips. She had a perfect hour glass figure which she covered with the most fashionable clothes which always managed to show off her perfect shape. She even walked liked a model, and I had no question concerning why many men loved her.
"I'm sorry," I apologized. "I'm really sorry. I-"
"Its okay," she quickly said. "These things happen. I will just leave."
She gave me a quick hug and turned to leave. I watched her, cursing myself, blaming myself for choosing this day. This was a clear proof that I had no luck. I had a family that was breaking apart, and parents that didn't even care to pay for my basic needs. I had to work extra so that I could pay for some things for myself and my younger sister, Diane. She was only four, but even I could see how intelligent she was. She was a very creative girl, very imaginative, cheerful, kind, bright and adorable. I could almost see how she would be when she hit her teenage years, how guys would line up just to get a glimpse of her, a bit like how they do to Sierra. Only she wouldn't have a lot of money, or maybe when that age reach our life would be different.
   I watched Sierra. She was busy with her phone. A moment later, a taxi stopped. She had called a taxi, using the Uber App, an App which I had in my phone but only used when my friends needed a taxi. I didn't dare use it myself. I didn't have that kind of money.
   The taxi disappeared, I turned back to face the house. I sighed. I started walking towards the house, towards the house with the fight that I knew would never die till dad walk out of the house. Even then, mum would have attitude for days. She would not cook, wash or do anything in the house. When we needed something and had no way else but to ask her, her replies would be in a frantic shout or a sullen whisper. This was my life. The life of a twenty year old me.
   Just as I took the first step towards the house, the door flew open and out rushed the little Diane. She passed me like the wind.
"Dianne," I called her. "Dianne! Dianne!"
She ran down the streets. I ran after her. Diane didn't slow down.
"DIANE!" I shouted louder.
She was faster than the wind and I couldn't catch up with her. She disappeared down the street. I ran faster and reached the junction. I was lost. I had no idea which turn she had taken, the left or the right. There was no one to ask.
Oh dear God, I prayed. Where did this little girl go?
   I decided to take the left turn. I prayed to God for it to be right. There was a car coming towards me. I stopped it. It stopped. The driver rolled down the window pane.  It was a guy that went in the same University as me, only he was taking Medicine. He was hot, and in the same group as the boyfriends of Sierra and her friends.
"I'm sorry," I quickly said. "Have you seen a little girl? About four. Wearing a peach dress. With a ponytail. She's my sister. She ran out of the house."
"Relax," I heard a voice behind that man whose name I had forgotten. I recognised the voice immediately, Sierra's best friend and the official girlfriend of this guy whose car I had stopped. The girl, Mia, wasn't my favourite and I wasn't her favourite either. She was bossy and loved to be in a group of people who would make her stand out. Even Sierra for instance, she was friends with her because of the power and popularity that Sierra possessed. Her friendship wasn't sincere. It was obvious to everyone.
"We haven't seen a little girl," the guy said. "But we can help you find her."
"What?" Mia snorted. "We are in a hurry, please babe."
"Can't you see this is an emergency?" the guy said. "Do you have her photo? Send it to me, then we will post it to all the social media groups."
"Please, thank you," I quickly said. He was a popular guy, and I knew he could help me.
He took out his phone and told me his number. I saved it, then sent him the photos of my little sister. He nodded.
"I will go ahead," I told him, then continued to run down the street. I heard the car behind me move. It was minutes till I found another person, a middle aged woman, and when I asked about if she had seen my little sister, her reply was no, but again, she took my contacts and she took the photos of her. I was getting hope, though I was scared to death. What if she got kidnapped? What if she got hit by a car? What if-
I couldn't think.
And then, the phone vibrated. I checked it. It was a message from my best friend Daniel. It was short and clear: worry not. I have the little angel.