Chapter One

"Lilypaw, from this moment on you will be Lilyflight!"

The gorgeous dilute tortoiseshell she-cat looked up at Wickedstar with a frown, "Great, now I have an even worse name..." she muttered sarcastically.

Wickedstar smiled deviously and continued on. "Pinepaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Pineheart!"

The newly named brown tabby tom, Pineheart, puffed his white chest out proudly.

Lilyflight nudged her best friend with a scowl. "What a cliché name!"

The tom ignored her comment and gazed charmingly into her eyes. "And what a beautiful name for a beautiful cat!"

His friend scoffed. "As if."

As the meeting came to an end both the cats strutted off, side-by-side.

"Look at those two... ugly kits!" A cat chanted from the corner of the clearing, Ravenfire stood glaring at the two, his face cracked into a smirk.

Lilyflight looked over nonchalantly, not really caring that the older warrior was taunting her and her friend. He hadn't been a warrior for much longer, but he still found any way to patronize them.

Pineheart's fur bushed up and he stalked towards the other tom. "How dare you!"

Ravenfire ignored him and looked at Lilyflight. "What's this little kit doing out of the nursery?"

Lilyflight chuckled. "Couldn't think of a better insult?"

The black tom stared at her with hatred, opening his mouth just to close it again, turning tail and stalking away again.

Pineheart huffed proudly as if he had actually done something to chase him away, winking at Lilyflight.

If the tortoiseshell saw him, she ignored him and padded over to the fresh-kill pile. She and Pineheart each grabbed a bite to eat and settled down nearby to dig in.

Lilyflight glanced around the charred camp to survey the area. Across the clearing, she spotted her calico sister, Petalpaw, walking toward the apprentice den. Stormfall, a dark gray she-cat, was making a beeline for the young cat. When Petalpaw caught sight of the senior warrior, she let out a high-pitched shriek and scurried into the shelter of the den.

Pineheart let out a small growl and stared at the warrior. Stormfall was notorious for always trying to brainwash younger Clan members into serving Wickedstar and her posse of evil henchmen.

Stormfall turned and joined a huddle with the three other high-ranking cats of RuinClan. Wickedstar was munching on a large crow, tail twitching evilly. Beside her, the deputy Snowtalon snoozed on his side. The third cat was a brown-furred, copper-eyed tom, Twistedbranch. As Stormfall approached, he took off to examine another cluster of warriors, probably to search for traitors.

Lilyflight took a bit of her sparrow. "That ceremony took forever."

Pineheart flashed her a smile. "But it was worth it! We're warriors now!"

"For what purpose?" She scoffed, "I don't want to serve Wickedstar and that ancient Snowtalon."

"Well... it's not like we can do anything about it." Pineheart eyed their leader carefully, hoping that no one heard their conversation.

Lilyflight ignored him. "I mean, seriously. The leadership here stinks!"

The brown tom nudged her, trying to quiet her down. "Hey, maybe–"

She cut him off. "Wickedstar is just so... evil," she unsheathed her claws, raking them across the dirt. "And Snowtalon is just a big old grump!"

"What did you two say?"

The two young warriors looked up to find Twistedbranch glaring down at them. His brown fur was on end, and he spoke in a shrill, frantic voice.

"Nothing!" Pineheart stated quickly. "We mean no harm."

Twistedbranch wanted to hear none of it. "Lies! Traitors! You're committing treason!"

Lilyflight rolled her eyes. "How even–"

"You spoke sourly of our leader! You called Snowtalon old!" He began pacing back and forth in front of the two.

"Well, he is–"

"Silence!" He screeched, "I must tell Wickedstar and Snowtalon immediately!"

"You're not serious." Lilyflight's jaw hung open in shock.

Pineheart looked at Twistedbranch with pleading blue eyes. "Please! We're terribly sorry–"

"Oh, you will be sorry, very soon," he hissed, stalking off toward Wickedstar and Snowtalon.

Pineheart grimaced, dread etched in his expression.

Lilyflight simply shrugged, returning to her sparrow. "Crazy mouse-brain."

Heyyo! The first half of this was written by Moon and the second was written by yours truly, Feather. I really hope you enjoyed it! Can you figure out where Moon's writing ended and mine began? What predictions do you have for this new spoof? Stay tuned for more clichés and crazy characters!
~ Feather