The enemy of a dragon

Stephen James plays Xavier

Chapter 22

"Now now Jonathan, put your claws away and at least listen to me."

"Oh I am waiting for your explanation."

"Well for starters, the man you are currently suffocating is Xavier, my lover." I cannot help but laugh.

"Your lover?"

"Yes now it may be hard to believe-"

"Hard doesn't even begin to explain it."

She gives me a stern look, "but we are in love. He is my soulmate."

"Have you gone mad Anastasia? He is my mortal enemy, our enemy. Yet you bring him here knowing that? Do you wish for his death?"

"I brought him here knowing you will listen to my explanation and accept it. You are not who you were back then so this is me hoping for this outcome. Besides you should know just how I feel seeing as you found your mate as well." She glances at Michael then back at me.

"I am still waiting on the rest of your explanation." I tell her sternly.

"I'll explain after you let my mate go." I growl and she sighs, "fine. The Exodraos wanted to use me as a test subject not too long ago, maybe a decade after you helped me escape? Well they 'found' where I was and sent Xavier to scout. I saw him coming and I let him find me. Long story short he was my soulmate and I released him from the Exodraos and kept him with me. My darling is dead, at least that's what the Exodraos thinks."

"Released him?" Michael asks.

"Yes. Xavier told me very juicy information about the Exodraos. Including their secrets."

"Elaborate."

"I will as soon as you let my lover go. Goodness Jonathan I'd think the sex would have loosened you up but you're just as uptight as ever."

"Alright that is it. Art go outside and play with the kids." Arthur gives me a confused look but shrugs and runs outside.

"If you try anything so help me god I will kill Anastasia in front of you before devouring your vessel." I let it down and it coughs before walking to Anastasia's side.

"Claws Jonathan. Put them away dear. He is not your enemy." She clears her throat and continues, "ah where shall I start? Xavier was taken from his family at a very young age and he was trained and disciplined to become Exodraos. Apparently there is a ceremony each have to complete in order to acquire their tattoos and abilities. A key ingredient is the death of a family member. A coven of witches is needed for the ceremony and the Exodraos have a coven they created and control. They are very power. Obviously not as powerful as I. But basically, the ceremony is a spell. It not just gives them their tattoos and abilities but it takes away what is left of their freedom as human beings, their emotions, etcétera. They become loyal to the creed, and they're controlled by them. Something like trying to leave isn't possible. Therefore when Xavier found me, you could say he had quiet the difficulty to not harm and take me back. I, of course, freed him from the spell and he has stayed with me ever since. The only real bummer of all of this is that he cannot speak. The Exodraos took that from him as a punishment for speaking out in his earlier years. But he knows plenty of ways to communicate." Anastasia winks at him and I grimace.

"Is that supposed to make me, us, feel sorry about them? They slaughtered my family, we're going to rid this world of them once and for all."

"I am not here to stop you. On the contrary, I am here to help. It's about time I get physical wouldn't you say? And Xavier here very much would like to get back at the people who took his life away from him. If you don't believe him, go ahead, read his mind, he will show you everything." Xavier touches Anastasia's shoulder and she caresses his hand with her own. Xavier walks foreword and gets on one knee in front of me.