Curse of the Black Spot - Two

"There's nothing wrong with the boy," Avery said talking up to the Time Lords. "He has no scars."

"Yep. Ignore my last theory." The Doctor nodded while the Stone frowned.

"He has his good days and his bad days," Amy whispered to the captain.

"So it's not just blood, she's coming for all the sick and wounded." The Stone said while the Doctor nodded in agreement.

"Exactly like how a hunter chooses the weakest animal."

"Okay, look, he's got a fever." Amy cut in. " The siren knows it.

"Humans." The Doctor hummed. "Second-rate. Damage too easily. It's only a matter of time before everyone gets bruised." He then put an arm around the Stone's waist before pointing to her and then himself. "Our ship, it can sail us all away from here. You and us, we fetch it. Let's go."

Avery stood up in the Time Lords way, bringing out his gun and holding it in front of the Doctors face.
"You're not the Captain here, remember."

They heard the siren hiss and saw an arm appear out of the barrel Toby had just opened, "no!" The Doctor and Stone cried out running past Avery and working together, using both of their strength to push the lid of the barrel back down.

"The water's dangerous." Avery scolded his son. "That's how she gets through. One touch of her hand and you're a dead man."

"We're all cursed if we stay aboard."

The Stone shook her head. "It's not a curse."

"Curse means game over." The Doctor added. "Curse means we're helpless. We are not helpless. Captain, what's our next move?"

Avery stared at the Doctor for a moment before nodding. "You said you have a ship?"

"That we do." The Doctor grinned.

"But you two can't go." Amy shook her head. "The siren is out there."

"And we're not hurt or sick."

"But he's the clumsiest person I know." Amy nodded at the Doctor.

"Hey!"

"And I'm with him." The Stone reminded ignoring the Doctors whines. "You honestly think I'll let something hurt my husband Amy?"

"No..." she quietly replied.

"Well then." The Stone grinned linking her arm through the Doctors.

"Wait with the boy."

"Captain, we're all in danger here." Boatman the sailor protested.

"I said wait," Avery repeated giving the man an annoyed look, "and barricade the door after we've gone."

"Sure you want to go?" Amy asked them both for the last time.

"We have to get Rory and Toby away." The Doctor said sighing, he didn't want to exactly do this, especially with the Stone with him but he didn't have a choice in the matter. Rule 0.1: Never disagree with a Time Lady, especially if it's your wife. "She's out there now, licking her lips, boiling a saucepan, grating cheese."

"Okay." Amy nodded. "Well, remember, if you get an itch, don't scratch too hard."

"We've all got to go sometime. There are worse ways than having your face snogged off by a dodgy mermaid."

The Stone snorted as Amy gave him an odd look. The Doctor glanced at his wife, "erm, I mean-"

"No, no." The Time Lady chuckled. "That was funny sweetheart." The Doctor grinned and they both followed Avery out of the magazine room and onto the mess deck.