is this what it takes to fall in love?

Nick's POV:
                 Ellie and I have been together a lot lately. Today we are going to a museum since we have off, so I go pick up Ellie and then we drive there. I feel something weird every time I look at her and do what it is. So we get to the museum and look around we were actually there for 2 hours when
Ellie: I'm hungry
Nick: What should we eat my fair lady?
Ellie: How about chicken and rice?
Nick: Sounds good to me!
So we get the food, and sit down. We just talk until Ellie has to go use the restroom so I let her while I play my phone, when she comes back she has this upset look in her eyes, like something happened.
Nick: Hey Ells, what's up
Ellie: I'm just...
Nick: B?
Ellie: When I walked in I saw this mother, she was spanking her child, and yelling at him. When I was washing my hands she went in the stall and left the little boy outside, he came up to me and pulled on my coat and said can I help him, so I picked him up but when the mom came out she grabbed him and smacked him again, then just walked out. I couldn't get to my creds before she walked away.
Nick: I'm so sorry you had to see that. Let's go find her, and we'll have our creds out this time.
Ellie: ok
So we searched the whole museum and finally in the play place we found them. We walked up to them
Ellick: NCIS. Slowly walk over to us.
Mother: Why?
Ellie: You were beating your child, hands up and walk to him.
Ellie ran and got the child while I cuffed the lady, we arrested her for child abuse as we found more bruises on the kid. Ellie took the child, back to her apartment and I drove them.
Ellie: Want to come in, I could use the help.
Nick: Why not?
So I went in and helped Ellie make dinner and put the kid to bed, his name was Jordan he is 3 yrs old, and he is the cutest kid ever. Then Ellie and I sat on the couch and watched TV while talking, then she leaned in as did I and our lips connected. I felt the sparks right away.

It has been a year since that and we get married in two months, the little boy is now ours as of yesterday when we legally adopted him, is this really what it takes to fall in love?