remembering things

Ellie's POV:
I'm walking down the street to meet Nick at our favorite coffee shop, it's cold outside and snowing lightly. I'm making my way past this little pizza place when I look in the window, I see Jake in the back corner with this woman. I haven't seen him since our divorce was finalized. He reached for this woman's hand and I can see the engagement ring, I wish this woman the best of luck.
I turn around and start walking, when I remember this one time in mine and Jake's apartment when he came home and I was cooking dinner...

Jake has just gotten home from the NSA and Ellie is cooking dinner, he walks up right behind her and wraps his arms around her waste causing her to jump and drop the pot of hot soup.
Jake: Really Ellie?!
Ellie: Jake?
Jake: Eh, you don't need food anyways.
Ellie: Wth is that supposed to mean?
Jake: It's a wonder your not fat Ellie, all you eat is fast food because you can't cook!
Ellie: I'm tired of putting on a happy face for people and coming home to an ass for a husband!
Jake: You're calling me the ass?!
Ellie: I'm ordering pizza, after I clean this mess up!
Jake: Fine then, I'll starve fatty!
Ellie blinked to hold back the tears, she couldn't do this anymore, once Jake walked in the other room she bolted out the door.

Thats all I can remember, I got to the coffee shop in like 10 minutes. I walked in and Nick already had the food, my coffee, and his, our cinnamon sticks and our french toast.

Nick has never seemed to care about how much I eat in fact he just laughs at me when I say I'm hungry every hour.
Ellie: Nick?
Nick: Ya babe?
Ellie: Do you think I'm fat?
Nick: Where on earth did you get that idea?
Ellie: Nothing, I'm just remembering things.
Nick: Did you see Jake and that woman in that pizza place?
Ellie: How'd you know?
Nick: They were there when I walked past.
Ellie: I love you Nick
Nick: I love you too babe