Chapter 6: Meeting The Queen (Part I )

◆Jan's Side ◆

              "So this is goodbye huh? "

                   "Good bye, Jan"

           I continued on my path with a throbbing mind.Due to that scene constantly replaying in my head as well as the stench of blood still lingering....it gave me quite the headache.

               I kept the Card she gave me in my pocket for safekeeping-just in case.When The red road ended, I came across a grand golden gate -guarded by gigantic garnite knights.

             They look so realistic... So realistic... That they..seem very much alive. When I tried to get passed them, Automatically they came alive and blocked my way with their garnite weapons.

       [Halt!!!!!  THOU SHAN'T PASS]

       -Boomed one knight.

       [Thou Ally.... or Enemy? ]

       -Added the other as He pointed his stone lace at me.

                I backed out and fell on the ground, by their feet. Their eyes were glowing red from their hollow-stone masks... waiting for an answer as they aimed at me.

             My head was spinning as my cold sweat trickled on my forehead-finding answers.

          [What should I do?!!! ]

           [......!!!!!!....THAT'S IT!!!!]

       -I exclaimed mentally as I held my Ace Of Hearts in the air to them.

"There will be guards up ahead, "

         "   To get pass them,"

      "You'll need an invitation,"

    " The Ace of hearts has always-

  been counted as an invitation from the queen.  "

              As I held up the card, The stone guards scanned it -to see if it's genuine. After awhile, they confirmed it and granted me access -as they removed their weapons from the entryway.

              "Enter my Liege "

              -They said in sync.

                I thanked them as I hesitantly marched onward through the golden gate-into the Queen's domain.As I walked through the path, I can clearly se the lush greenery and Topiary red rose bushes all around me.

            I even saw a few Card Knights carefully tending to them as I go.Fortunately, none of them paid much attention to me instead of their work.

      About 10-15 minutes later,

I arrived at the entrance to the palace. Yet-Again, I was stopped by two Card knights. But this time, they were tall and lean - The two had black armor and matching weapons , one carried a suit of clubs, the other spade. The same scenario happened with the stone guardians-but this time I was more confident in myself, that I almost instantly took out my pass~

               Flabbergasted at it, The knights that were supposed to stop me- were cut in shock while in sentence. Immediately, they opened the large door for me to enter. While I did that, The two lead the way-escorting me to their mistress.