Chapter 41: An Intimate Relationship

When she locked the door, Lin Qian felt a little guilty. Then she asked herself, What for? At most the two would exchange a few hugs and kisses.

But maybe he...

The corners of her mouth raised slightly.

Whenever the workload became a little lighter, Jiang Yuan was immediately told to invite her to the office to keep him company, in the name of the job.

Even just being around him counted as a rare pleasure.

The night was quiet.

Sitting on the couch, Li Zhicheng stared down at the documents with concentration in his eyes, appearing calm.

Although Lin Qian kept him company, she didn't want to interrupt him too much. She was just beside him, constantly refilling his water, and tidying up the files.

Occasionally she would look at the side of his sullen face, stare at his hands on the table, and she would have the urge to kiss him. But of course, she held herself back.

Along with Li Zhicheng's great concentration, he would become hyper-focused on work. Lin Qian was fond of his determination, but also felt a bit annoyed.

Lin Qian had never been a workaholic. Since she was taking a break from work, she was not going to do anything work-related. Having stayed with him for a while, she was getting bored, so she took out her phone.

Soon it became 11:00 pm. Lin Qian yawned.

Li Zhicheng, who had his head down, noticed.

He looked up at her. "Sleepy?" Then he put down the files and got up. "Let me take you home."

Just when Lin Qian was about to say yes, she looked at him and rolled her eyes. "No," she said. "Thought we agreed I'd to keep you company. I'll just rest on the couch."

I'm not going home.

I just want to be with you.

Naturally, Li Zhicheng knew what she was thinking. After a brief silence, he picked up a cushion from the couch and put it on the arm of the couch. He then took off his suit jacket from the coat rack and handed it to her. "Cover yourself with this."

"Sure." Lin Qian laid down on the couch, pleased. The male jacket was very large, covering most of her.

Meanwhile, Li Zhicheng moved the laptop from the table. It seemed he was going to sit on the single couch and leave the bigger one to her. Without any thought, Lin Qian quickly sat up and grabbed his arm. "No. Just sit here with me."

Li Zhicheng looked up at her.

He put down the laptop, and went back to sit where he was. There was a faint hint of a smile in his eyes.

Lin Qian's legs lightly touched his back from behind: intimate and sweet. Playfully, her legs kept rubbing him, over and over again.

Although Li Zhicheng was focused on his work, with a beauty by his side his night was smooth and pleasant. But the bursts of touch and friction between his back and waist created ripples in his heart.

He turned to look at her.

Completely buried in his suit, Lin Qian only had her face sticking out. With her big clear eyes blinking, she asked softly, "How much longer are you working for?"

Li Zhicheng could feel his breath pause a little.

Staring at her sparkling eyes with a hint of anticipation, and those pale slender fingers of hers wrapped around his suit, Li Zhicheng felt a certain tender, soft breath coming out of her hair and fingertips and reaching his heart.