9: get out

"Again, I'm so sorry. Once it starts, it's hard to stop." Namjoon explained awkwardly, scratching the back of his head as he smiled sheepishly.

"You did some pretty serious damage there." I joked, and he blushed, smiling down at his lap.

I could see his dimples poking out, as much as he tried to hide his reddening face from my view.

"Are you sure you don't want money for the stuff I broke?" He asked, and I waved him off.

"Consider it as my thanks for not giving me a ticket." I joked, and he shook his head, chuckling lightly.

"I have to say, it was my first time seeing someone drive 130 on a school road." He smiled, back to his confident self.

"I thought you wanted help studying." Jungkook interrupted, his arms crossed as he stared Namjoon down suspiciously.

Namjoon cleared his throat awkwardly, before standing up from beside me, running a hand through his disheveled hair.

"Well, I should actually get going." He said, crouching down and grabbing his book bag.

Slinging it over his shoulder, he knocked over a lamp from the coffee table beside the couch.

It fell to the floor, and Namjoon covered his eyes with his hands, letting out a defeated sigh.

"I'm just going to stand here for a while, if you don't mind." He mumbled, past his fingers, clearly embarrassed.

I giggled, before crawling off the couch and placing the lamp back onto the small table.

"You didn't even study at all." Jungkook mumbled under his breath.

"I'll walk him out." Jungkook said, wrapping his arms around Namjoon, trapping his arms in his embrace as he walked him out of the apartment.

"Bye, Everest!" He called out, twisting around to smile widely at me.

I waved him off, and he was off without breaking anything else.

-

Taehyung made sure Everest got home safely before going inside that night.

When he beat her home, he was concerned when she didn't show up for the next half hour.

He waited in his car, dozing off a couple times, until he saw her pull in, red-faced as she made her way to the elevator.

He found himself constantly worrying about her, doing things he normally wouldn't do.

He rarely talked to students outside school, and had never given a detention before.

He never really cared that much.

But she was different.

-

"We're out of milk." Jungkook complained, shutting the refrigerator door.

"I know." I mumbled, barely awake as Jungkook took it upon himself to be the loudest he'd ever been.

"I already poured my cereal." He added, watching me out of the corner of his eye.

"All this cereal, just going to a waste." He sighed dramatically, clanging his spoon around in the ceramic bowl.

"Shut up, I'm going." I grumbled, grabbing my wallet and keys.

He smiled angelically up at me as I left.

Rolling my eyes, I silently grumbled to myself as I slumped to the front door, yawning as I did.

I shoved my feet into a pair of Jungkook's slides, and shoved open the door.