six

Tryouts were starting in fifteen minutes and Kellin had me in his office making out with him. This was no way to start the first day of the season, but I couldn't get enough. Kellin's lips felt so good against mine and I didn't want to pull away, but I knew I had to. Otherwise, I would have a visible problem under my basketball shorts at the worst of times.

I backed up and looked at him as I caught my breath a bit.

"What's gotten into you, huh?" I breathed. All day he had been texting me suggestive things and when he first got to the school he couldn't take his hands off of me for a minute.

"I just find you to be so sexy and inviting." Kellin stood up to pull me back in, but I shook my head.

"Nope, no. I have to go," I brought Kellin's hands down and pecked his lips as he pouted at me.

"Am I still seeing you after, then?" I nodded.

"Can we change it to your place, though? You'll be done before me,"

"Yeah, that's fine. I'll see you then, Coach." Kellin winked at me and I chuckled before leaving. I jogged to the gym where everyone sat and Kevin waited for me patiently.

"Where the fuck were you?" He spat. Okay, so, maybe he wasn't as patient as I thought. Whatever, though. I was here now.

"I'm sorry! I got caught up with a student!" I lied. I looked at the crowd of guys in the bleachers and smiled toward Kevin who still had a scowl on his face. "Come on, you're not mad at me. Let's start,"

Kevin and I ran the tryout well and they guys were receptive to the scrimmages. All of them played as if it were a real game which was something that went a long way for both me and Kevin. We could, honestly, make final decisions tomorrow by the way things went today. However, an hour and a half passed quickly and we wrapped things up in no time.

"Kev, are we doing three days or two?" I asked quickly and quietly.

"Two is good, right?" I shrugged. I was up for anything, really. This was a joint decision, though, and I respected Kevin as a coach the same way he respected me, even if my official title was higher than his.

"Yeah, that's fine." I hushed everyone as they drank water and caught their breaths. They all huddled around Kevin and I as I spoke.

"Okay, we'll have the last round of tryouts tomorrow. It's going to be the exact same thing today, only I won't play. I don't care about the score, I just want to see skill and communication. We only have one team to fill and we keep twelve. Prove you're worth the play-time." I put in a blunt manner then dismissed them. I was ready to get out of here, honestly, but I meant every word. If they weren't willing to fight for it, then why waste their time and mine?

As everyone left the gym, I turned to Kevin and wanted to apologize for being late. I knew that he hated when people were late, and this was an important day.

"Kev," I stopped him before he got too far ahead of me and jogged over to him.

"What's up?"

"I just wanted to say I was sorry for being late. I know you don't like it and everything, it was selfish of me." I patted him on the back and continued to walk with him.

"That's cool, not a big deal. What are you doing tonight?"

"I'm going over Kellin's right now, actually,"

"Oh! Have fun! Make sure you tell him I said 'hi.'" Kevin gave me a hug and made for his car, me doing the same. I legitimately felt bad for being late, but I moved on quickly. I had to go see Kellin and I couldn't wait. Mainly because my hormones were raging, but I also missed him. It was weird to admit, kind of, but I was pulled out of my thoughts by a text from him.