Chapter Ten

It’s been three weeks. I am now one month pregnant, it’s been complete and utter shit. I feel like crap every morning, I get up and throw up. Now Mario on the other hand has been helpful. But not helpful enough, he hasn’t been there for me when I need him the most. When I’m feeling down all the time. One big reason why I feel somewhat depressed is that now everyone knows, I mean all Germany and probably the world knows that I’m pregnant. It’s all over the news, my mother wasn’t happy about it.

When I went to Jurgens house on the weekend to go see Ulla, my aunt and at least spend some time with her. Well we where sitting on the couch talking about how we have been doing the past few years. I told her my shit sob story. But when I was talking to her we hear loud banging on the door. Then I hear someone screaming my name out. I recognize that voice anywhere. That scream of my terrifying mother. Ulla immediately tells me to go up stairs, I did as told. I hid in there, I had my ear in the door the whole time. I heard screaming and yelling. Ulla was telling my mom off. I was glad. But what hurt me, even though it shouldn’t was my mom calling me a slut the whole time. It shouldn’t really hurt me but it did, she’s still my mother. No one can ever take that away sadly. My mom did eventually leave. I wish they would all just leave me alone and let me be here in Germany.

“Giselle it’s time to go.”, I heard Mario’s voice.

“Huh?”, I said and looked at him. “Oh yeah.”, I said breaking out of my trance. I am going to the big game of the season in Germany. None other than Bayern Munchen vs BVB. Right now I’m in a fucking plane. Do you know how shitty it feels to have nausea in a plane. I’ve been wanting to throw up for two long ass hours in this god damn plane. I was forced to come to this game, by Jurgen. I would rather be in my new house in my bed asleep. But no, I had to come with the whole squad. I was forced because I had to show the German press I was really pregnant.

I got up from my seat. Mario grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together. I looked at him and he smiled at me. He did something that I didn’t expect him to do. He kissed me in my cheek. I could feel my cheeks heat up. I looked away from his eye’s and grabbed my bag. I felt someone snatch my bag, I looked up and it was Mario.

“I’m not handicapped Mario.”, I said.

“I know but I don’t want you to get hurt.”, Mario said.

“It’s just a bag. Your acting like I’m going to carry a ton of bricks.”, I said.

“It doesn’t matter. I just don’t want you or the baby to get hurt.”, He said and dragged me along to where everyone was standing waiting to get off the plane.

I didn’t even know he cared about me and the baby this much. I didn’t even thing he cared, point, blank, period.

“I didn’t know you cared.”, I said making sure only he could hear.

He didn’t say anything and kept on walking towards the exit. I walked down the stairs of the plane. My feet landed on the solid ground, how I missed that feeling. I felt a cold breeze hit my face, I felt someone tugging my hand.

“Quit tugging on me.”, I quietly hissed.

“Well we have to get going into the car. We are staying in the same Hotel room.”, Mario quickly said and walked along to a black car waiting for us. “Plus I don’t want to be bombarded by the press.”

An arrival to the Munchen wasn’t a complete arrival without the wonderful press.

I tried to cover my face with Mario’s shoulders, but I failed. They kept on flashing pictures of Mario and I.

“Mario! Is that your new Girlfriend?!”, A reporter yelled out.

“Mario is this the woman carrying your Baby?!”, Another reporter yelled. “Mario is she pregnant?!”

“Is she going to be in the game cheering you on!?”, A Lady yelled out.

“Are you Giselle?!”, Someone yelled out.

How did they even figure out my name! It bugs me, they know everything like there the fucking FBI or CIA.

Marco started speed walking to the car, I had no choice but to walk along with him. God you would think he would be tired because he runs for a living. But no he has so much energy.

He opened the door of the car, I entered the car and he did too. There was someone who was driving the car already. I’m guessing he’s taking us to the Hotel.

“How do they know my name?”, I asked.

“They're the press, they know everything.”, Mario said and scratched his head.

“I don’t want them to know my fucking past.”, I said and started to bite my nail.

“Me either. Let’s forget about the whole press.”, Mario said smiling. “Can I ask you something?”

“Depends on the question.”, I said and stopped biting my nail.

“Why do you hate me?”, He asked.

“I don’t hate you, I just don’t know you that well.”, I said. “I’m 19 and pregnant. My past is not the best in the world. I just wanted to get away from everything in England but then I find out I’m pregnant..”, I said, soon realizing that I shouldn’t be saying any of this to him, especially when he’s about to play an important game. “I just need to get to know you.”, I finally said.

“I promise that when we get back to Dortmund we will get to spend time together.”, Mario said. “I want our baby to grow up with a family figure. If your father was alive I bet he would want this.”, Mario said, I let a tear slip.

“I bet he would.”, I said and hugged him. A sincere hug, not a fake one. I was willing to try and get along with him. For the sake of my baby, I don’t my baby to grow up in a home where parents don’t get along. “I promise to try.”, I whispered to him and kissed his cheek.

Mario hugged me back. It felt good, reassuring, warm, and a little bit of affection in the hug.

“Come on let’s go to the hotel so you can get some rest.”, Mario said and pecked me on the lips.

“You cheeky boy.”, I said and pinched his cheek.

I don’t know what it is about his cheeks, but I always seem to be doing something to them.

“So the ladies say.”, Mario said, I gave him the “look”. “Kidding, you know I only have eyes for you.”

“You know I only have eyes for Mario,”, I paused. “Gomez.”, I said and smiled.

“I feel betrayed. But I know you can’t resist me, I see it in your eyes.”, Mario said.

With that the car started moving and we were on our way to the hotel.