Chapter 4: Kill the Demon

Hudson's POV

As a young man, I was taught to cook by my father, as he was a former culinary genius before the IMC's invasion. As I grew up, I took his lessons well, and devised my own recipe for hash brown casserole. Some hash brown cubes, sour cream, some....melted cheese, it didn't matter. Cream of chicken, and of course: bacon. Got to have that bacon. The recipe was a "world famous" to the Militiamen as it was better then what were normally given. A decade later....

Night Raid: MORE! MORE! MORE!

Hudson: You already finished it off!?

That cooking skill would come back to haunt me.

Kitchen...

Wearing a black sweatshirt and sweatpants, as well as an apron, I began to prepare another meal. Beside me, Akame "assisted" me in preparing another batch.

Hudson: This is gonna be an all day thing.

Akame: It cannot be helped. I am responsible for cooking the base's meals, so naturally that duty falls to you as well.

Looking back at her, I noticed that she was munching on a cooked piece of bacon.

Hudson: Well it sure looks like you're doing a good job "sampling" the food.

Akame: That is not true.

Hudson: You're a horrible liar, you know that?

Akame: And for a newcomer, a cook's apron suits you well.

Hudson: Riiiiiight.

Hearing everyone behind me standing up, I turned around to see the boss with them.

Hudson: Going somewhere?

Mine: Yep.

Bulat: A request to kill someone in the capital has arrived.

Najenda: We're an organization that accepts requests from the public to take on assassinations in the Capital.

Hudson: Oh yeah.

Najenda: We'll come up with something for you to do in the meantime. Be ready to be called upon.

Hudson: Uh huh.

Sheele: Take good care of the place while we're gone.

Hudson: Yep.

Mine: Akame and the new guy are house maids, so just stay here and chop cucumbers! AH HAHAHAHA!

Hudson: Don't miss your shot....again.

Then her laughter abruptly came to an end.

Leone: Laaaateeeer. <3

As the group walked away, Akame took off the apron she had on and hung it up.

Akame: Shall we go take some lives?

Hudson: Are you referring to hunting for food?

Akame: Oh good. You understood.

Taking off and hanging up my apron, I nodded.

Hudson: Yeah, let me go grab my rifle.

Akame: You won't be needing it for this.

Hudson: Huh?

In the Mountainside Near Base...

Hiking up the mountains with Akame, I began to wonder if this was fine, considering the people who've infiltrate the place before.

Hudson: You sure this is fine?

Akame: There is no problem with us going up the mountains.

This woman has way too much time on her hands. By the way....