iv.

It's early in the morning when you finally get the call. Stumbling out of bed half-asleep, you pick up your phone and squint at the number blearily.

"Hello," you croak, nerves tingling.

As a deep male voice on the other end informs you that you got the job, you plant one palm over your mouth to keep yourself from screaming. You don't want to ruin his first impression by losing your cool.

"Thank you so much," you blurt out, breathily. "I will work so hard. I'm so excited to work with Stray Kids."

The voice on the other end of the line is silent for a moment before speaking.

"I think there's been a misunderstanding. The position you've been assigned to is for a different team, and it will only be temporary. Your resume was impressive, but since you have no experience working in the music industry, our CEO decided to hire you on a trial basis only. One of our stylists had a family emergency, so we have an opening for several months. If you do a good job, and prove you'll be an asset to the company, then we can find you a more permanent position."

As you let his words sink in, you try not to let disappointment cloud your excitement. After all, it made sense. It was a miracle you'd even been accepted, so you couldn't complain about a trial period. You'd just have to work that much harder to prove they needed you as a permanent part of their company. 

"I understand. Can I ask which team I'll be with?" you ask tentatively.

"The team you've been assigned to is Day6."

Day6?

Your initial shock fades into a mixture of excitement and nerves as you consider the possibility of working with Wonpil every day. Will it be awkward to see him in a professional setting? You've already met most of the team, but would that make things better or more difficult for you as a new employee? Hearing the silence on the other end of the line, you realize you still haven't answered.

"O-okay, yes, that would be wonderful," you stutter, hastily.

"Good, come to the administration office at 9:00 am to fill out your paperwork. Bring your portfolio."

After the call ends, you text Wonpil hurriedly. He's probably still asleep, but you can't contain your excitement. He was the one who urged you to apply in the first place. You didn't believe you were good enough to be hired by one of the biggest entertainment agencies, but he had nagged you until you finally gave in.

You spend the rest of the morning trying on outfits, trying to decide which look will impress your boss the most. After all, you're a makeup artist now. You don't want your first impression to be a bad one.

/-/

After filling out paperwork and meeting with HR, an intern leads you through the JYP building for a quick tour. As you enter Day6's main dressing room you're greeted enthusiastically by the members. Wonpil pulls you into a celebratory hug.

"Wonpil," you hiss, catching the stern expression of his manager, currently giving you the evil eye, "tone it down. You can't do that here, everyone is staring."

Wonpil just laughs before releasing you reluctantly.

"Relax, they know we're just friends," he reassures you.

"Yeah, he only talks about you every other minute," Sungjin adds with a grin while Wonpil punches him in the shoulder lightly.

"So, what happened?" DoWoon asked. "I thought you were working with Stray Kids."