Classroom

Hugo Pov:

I sit in the auditorium with all the kids in the army.

I wonder what Dad and Daddy are going to say.

Dad, Daddy, and a young women walk on to the stage.

The women has blond hair that she puts into a low pony tail. She has blue eyes and clear skin. She's wearing a long blue dress, a pair of light green heels, and little pink heart earrings.

Daddy walks up to the microphone. "Hello and welcome to this meeting! Me and Red Leader have decided to give you a education! Say hello to Miss. Peters," Daddy says.

Education!? This is the best day of my life!!

Daddy backs up and Miss. Peters walks up to the microphone. "Hello! I don't like to be called by my last name, so you can call me Alice. I have been taught many things in my life time and I hope you all will enjoy my teaching!" Alice says.

I applaud as loudly as I can so it makes it seems like everyone else is excited as well. In the end my hands hurt really bad.

Alice backs away from the microphone and Dad walks up to it. "Since there is not many of you minors school will be taking place in the abandoned building in the woods. I'm sure you've heard of the 'Haunted Structure'," Dad says.

I see some kids shiver and I hear some kids gasp.

I wonder what's so scary about that place.

Dad back away from the microphone and Daddy walks back up to it. "School starts tomorrow at 6:30 am and ends at 3:30 pm. You are all dismissed," Daddy says.

Everyone begins walking out, accept me.

I run up to the stage and I climb on to it. Of course with some struggle since I'm very small for my age.

I run up to Alice and I hold out my hand. I smile as big as I can.

"Oh hello!" Alice says and shakes my hand.

I quickly pull my notepad and I write, "Hello! I'm Hugo! I hope we can be friends!"

"Of course we can!" Alice says to me.

I hug her and she jumps a little, probably from surprise. She hugs back.

Daddy walks over. "Hugo really likes you, he usually only gives me and Tord that big of a hug!" Daddy says and giggles.

"Tom! You said you would call me Red Leader in front of my soldiers!" Dad says to Daddy.

"Well since Hugo likes Alice so much I think she should call you by Tord. Besides she's a teacher. Not a soldier," Daddy says.

"She still works for me," Dad says and crosses his arms.

"Well I'm giving her permission to call you Tord," Daddy says.

"How about she calls me Mr. Larsin. Seems more mature," Dad says.

"I guess that's fine," Daddy says.

"May I ask you both a question?" Alice asks Daddy and Dad.

"Of course!" Daddy says.

"Why does Hugo use a notepad to talk?" Alice asks.

"He's a mute," Dad says.

"Oh!" Alice says. I finally let go from hugging her and I write, "I also know sign language,"

"I know sign language too!" Alice says.

My eyes widen.

"Do you understand what I'm saying," I say in sign language.