Jeff the Killer

Yeah! No, he's into you! Come on, Kate, all you have to do is see his face when he's around you!!"

"Come on, Jas. Really? Not just making it up."

"Totally not, why would...I..."

"Jas?"

"And now we have the latest on the most dangerous serial killer of the century, Jeff the Killer. His kill count is estimated to be about fifty per 2 months, earning him his spot above all others. We have psychologist Dr. Winters here today to tell us a bit about him. What do you think, Dr. Winters?"

"Jeff is, of course widely known is be criminally insane, as evidenced by the state he leaves the victims in and his physical appearance, a huge smile he sliced into his cheeks, and other witnesses say he burnt his eyelids off, although there is no concrete proof of this happening-"

"Jas, is it Jeff again?"

"Uh, no." I turned away from the TV.

"Jas. It's been a year since the accident. You-"

"It wasn't an accident. I don't know how many times I've told you. They set him on fire. It wasn't his fault. They shouldn't have done that."

"He killed them! He killed his own family! He killed everyone who got in his way! He's insane, and he is not your boyfriend now!"

"I gotta go, Kate."

"Jas-"

Click.

I exhaled.

It's been a year. Jeff has killed fifty people per month for a year now. He's pale white. He burnt his eyelids off, and cut his smile wider. He's insane, and I was the first one to notice.

It's my fault. And one day, if he comes back, he's going to come here.

I know it.

I've seen the footage. Everyone has. Jeff turns his victims onto piles of bloody mince.

I shivered. Would he do that to me?

Click!

Just the window bending, I thought.

Crack!

Just a tree.

Window opening!

Uhhh.

Step step!

UHHH

"Jas-"

"AHHHHHH!!!" I sat up and screamed my head off at the person in my room. I even threw my pillow, for good measure.

"Hey?"

I froze. It was dark, I couldn't see, but...

"Who...are you?" I asked the figure.

"It's just me. Just, uh, Jeff."

"AHHHH!"

"Shut up!"

"What are you doing?!"

"I came back to see you!"

"You're criminally insane!"

"You're loud!"

"Wait." I swing my legs over the side of the bed. "Do you...still..."

"Well....yeah. I do."

"Can I hug you?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Turn on your light."

I reached over and turned on my overhead light.

"AHH-my gosh!"

It was Jeff.

White hoodie, black jeans, black hair, brown eyes.

Blood soaked hoodie. Bloody jeans. Matter hair. Wide eyes. And a smile across his cheeks.

"My face isn't for everyone. I-think it's perfect."

I swallowed my vomit. "You are so lucky that my mother isn't here."

"I knew she was out."

"You've been stalking me?"

Jeff shrugged his shoulders, putTING THE KNIFE AWFUL CLOSE TO ME!

"Jeff!"

"Oh, Sorry. I don't often have to watc my knife."

"Put it down."

Jeff put the knife on my desk and stepped towards me. I stood up.

"I promise I won't hurt you, Jasmine."

"You've killed so many people... why?"

"I...need to. There's this feeling...

I looked up into his face. Oh...

"Your smile is infected." I realised. He put his hand to it, which I smacked away. "Don't. I'll get some stuff for it."

I grabbed my antibacterial cream and some water and food.

He ate he food eagerly. "This is better than raw meat."

"You've been eating- you could've died!"

I dabbled the cream onto the gross smile. "I've heard you burnt off your eyelids. Is that true?"

"Yeah."

"How do you sleep?" I leant back and frowned at him.

"I don't."

"Oh..."

I'm about to make a huge mistake. A gigantic mistake. The biggest mistake I've ever made in my entire life ever.

"Right, Jeff." I stood up. "Every month, you have to meet me at the skate park, okay? You need to be taken care of, or you'll die."

"I-"

I threw a sock at him. "Shut up. I don't care if you're the deadliest murderer known to mankind. You're still human."

"Well you're an idiot, then." A voice criticised me.

"Ah- Liu!"

Liu climbed through my window and jumped onto my bed. "Hey, Jasmine. Haven't you since my bro took off." He was completely at ease with the serial killer next to him.

Jeff looked confused. "Liu?"

"I've been tracking you around...and I got your message on last night's video."

That was the thing about Jeff. If there was a camera near his murder site, he'd stick his face in it and say hi.

"Message?"

Liu handed me a pice of paper, with three screenshots on it, of a video of Jeff's latest murder.

One was a dark room, a home, with a family of bodies stacked up, and one word written in blood on the wall.

Jas