Chapter One

(A-N, I kinda combined the 6th and 7th harry potter book... like as in When Draco lets the Death Eaters in, the Battle at Hogwarts starts... and Snape doesn’t kill Dumbledore... hate me if you want but this is my story)

I woke up in the cold dungeons of the castle... great... first day at Hogwarts tomorrow.... whoop whoop (get the sarcasm). I rolled over and looked at the clock, it read 8:16. Well, Uncle Sev should be up by now...

I get up and pull on a long-sleeved shirt and jean shorts. Long sleeves in the summer you ask? Well when I was crucio-ed for an hour I got this scar, on the back of my arms and over my entire back. So if I don't want questions about the disgusting yet beautiful scar, I have to wear long sleeves. And when I say beautiful I mean as in it’s just a bunch of random curved lines going in every direction.

I pulled myself up the stairs into the Great Hall to see all the teachers around a single table

"Well it’s a sight to see you up this early, Miss Snape” Said Dumbledore, faking being surprised.

"Just as much as me. And please don’t call me 'Miss Snape'. I prefer Nova" I stated as calmly as I could manage. He had always called me that and I reminded him to call me by my first name every time he said it.

"Oh, My apologies Nova." he said, with a small twinkle in his eye. Oh how I hated that twinkle. I took my usual seat next to Professor McGonagall and across from Uncle Sev. I could feel everybody's eves on me as I began to eat.

"Yes?" I asked, slightly annoyed. They all looked away except for Uncle Sev. He stood up and motioned for me to follow. I did but grabbed my bowl of Oatmeal on my way out.  He led me back to the room I shared with him (because we are family).

"You do realize it's your birthday, right?" he asked me. I had totally forgotten. I tried to avoid my birthday because of what happened 8 years ago, today. I shuddered at the memory, forcing it out of my head.

"It's been 8 years..." I looked at the floor suddenly finding the tile pattern interesting. Uncle Sev bent down so he could be in my line of vision.

"It's been sixteen years." He said firmly, looking me in the eyes. I was genuinely confused? Sixteen years for what?

"What are you talking about?" I asked, crushing my brows together in confusion.

"Happy Sixteenth birthday, Nova." ha said softly then pulled me into a hug. He can be so bi-polar with me.