Chapter Twenty-Five (Edited)

After school and after the rest of the auditions, I stood waiting to find out my results when Nagi-Chan smiled at me. I raised an eyebrow, my question still silent when she walked up to me.

"We both made it." She said and I smiled some before we left after being told to stay after school again tomorrow.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Nagi-Chan said when I was at the volleyball gym.

"Ya, I'll see you tomorrow," I said before I walked in.

"Well?!" Everyone asked, stopping practice for just a moment.

"I made it," I said making them all cheer before Coach got them back to practice. I sat down next to Coach before I pulled out my phone. I started listening to music, while I looked over the stats.

"Sumi-Chan."

"Yes, Tōru-Nii?" I asked without ever looking up at him.

"Can you get Mad-Dog-Chan to practice anytime soon?"

"I can try, but I don't promise anything," I said before I reached over into his bag and pulled out his phone.

"Why do you have my phone?"

"I'm going over the music. In a way, I'm still part of the dance team, and I told them I would still do the music." I said.

"Oh. Have fun." Tōru-Nii said and I hummed in response before I went back to work. Once at home, Mom, Trina, and Haruto-San all looked at me.

"Well?!"

"I made it," I said making them all cheer before we all sat down to eat. I was almost done with my homework when my phone buzzed making me lookup. I carefully reached over and grabbed it to see that it was a text from Kyōtani.

"Did you make it?"

"Ya, I made it."

"Told you, you would."

"Whatever. You need to start showing up for practice a bit more. Coach is really thinking about kicking you off, even with me persuading him to keep you on."

"Okay."

"What that's it?"

"Yes. I'll go tomorrow."

"..You better not be lying to me."

"You'd find me and drag me to practice anyway."

"True."

"See? See you tomorrow."

"Ya, see you tomorrow." I typed back before I put my phone down, and went back to my homework. In the morning, I glared at my contacts before I grabbed my glasses. I did my hair before leaving my room with my bag.

"Did you fall asleep in your contacts again?" Haruto-San asked me and I shook my head.

"No, I just didn't feel like putting them in today," I said.

"That's doable." He said before I started eating. Once done, we left with Haruto heading out to work. I nodded at Tōru-Nii before I pulled out my phone since I felt it buzz.

"Who you texting?" Tōru-Nii asked and I looked up from responding back to Kise.

"A friend," I said.

"Who?"

"Casper," I said in a deadpanned voice before I locked my phone and put it away. I could feel Trina narrowing her eyes at me, but she didn't say anything. Once at school, I ended up smiling and laughing as Matsun tried to do an impression of Tōru-Nii, but failed.