Chapter Thirty-Eight

I walked into the music room to see Kyotani-Kun already sitting there.

"Hey. Happy birthday," I said as I sat a cupcake down in front of him.

"I. Thanks. How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. Any big plans for your birthday?" I asked.

"Not really. Just dinner with my family. Please don't tell me you don't have something big planned for me," he said and I laughed some.

"No. Your good," I said and he sighed in relief.

"Rude," I said and he chuckled some.

"Why'd you want to know?"

"Well I got you something for your birthday but I don't want to intrude on your time with your family," I said with a half shrug.

"No, by all means. Please stop by the house. The only people I truly tolerate in my family is my dad, Yua, her parents, and a cousin," he said and I laughed some.

"Alright. Just text me when," I said and he nodded.

"Oh and sorry if that cupcake sucks. I kinda swiped it from the cooking club," I said and he laughed making me smile before we kept talking until it was time for class.

I was laughing as we all danced around on stage before it was time to leave. I waved goodbye to everyone after cleaning up and headed to the house. I changed and grabbed Kyotani-Kun's present before I left where I nearly walked into Kyotani.

"I was just coming to get you,"

"Oh,"

"Ya. I would have texted you but I just broke my phone,"

"Do I want to know how?" I asked with a slight laugh.

"I missed my pocket and it got run over. Jun saw the whole thing and laughed at me," he said and I laughed some as well.

"Well, hopefully, your dad doesn't get pissed,"

"In my defense, this is the first phone I haven't broken in two years,"

"Progress," I said making him roll his eyes.

"How was your practice?"

"It was good. We're getting ready for our Christmas performance,"

"That's going to be cold,"

"We know. We're getting ready for that and the next round,"

"Ah. Any luck on finding a manager?"

"I think I have one," I said and he nodded before we talked a bit as we walked.

"Now for the fun part," He said as he looked at the cars by his house and I laughed at him some.

"At least it's not the team,"

"That's true but I still don't have the energy for this,"

"You'll be fine," I said making him mock me before he opened the door to his house.

"Happy birthday!" I heard someone shout before Kyotani's face was shoved into a cake. I started laughing at him before I covered my mouth as I tried to stop laughing while he put his stuff down.

"Girl!"

"Sumi-Chan!"

"Natsumi," Kyotani-Kin said.

"Ya?" I got out in between laughs.

"Shut up before I shove your face into that cake as well," He said and I tried to stop laughing but was failing.